Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I apologize for the crappy title...Post-turkey day festivities has taken its toll on my mind. Anyway, I searched a 1772 house with little success, but here's my haul. My favorite is a sterling salt shaker which I don't think is old, but was fun to bend back into shape by torch. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448673160.126648.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448673171.044683.jpg

After the torch and cleaning here it is. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448673201.641472.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448673217.398740.jpg the colonial buckle tongue was a nice find too. No other colonial finds yet but the hunting is tough and I had only 1-1/2 hrs. Maybe next time.

Enjoy

Steve

Upvote 12

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Great job torching that shaker back in shape...I like that chape as well...nice finds

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Great job torching that shaker back in shape...I like that chape as well...nice finds

Go ahead and shake it like KG!

Nice restoration on that shaker! Great save.

Nice old buckle part and silver!

Thanks guys. I wish the hunt had more keepers but it's hunts like these that make you really appreciate the epic ones. Never the less that buckle tongue will look great in my buckle display.

Have a nice weekend and happy hunting

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the buckle piece, great find, good job fixing the shaker

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the token and your silversmithing is phnominal!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I really like the buckle piece, great find, good job fixing the shaker
Thanks Chris. I figured If I screwed it up it wouldn't look any worse than it already did, so I went for the shaker fix.
Shake it like its yours Steve ! I like that token also.
I'm trying to shake it like it's mine but the wife won't let me put pepper in it! Lol
Nice Work Steve, love digging those old buckles
Thanks man. Buckles never get old to dig for me either.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds on board.

goldbmine

Nov 13, 2015
North Ga.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score! It's not the quantity, but the quality! Sweet buckle!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like that shaker and awesome job bending it back into shape. I annealed and straightened a Victorian copper brooch that was bent into a ball! I lost the nice green patina when I annealed it, but its much more presentable as a identifiable brooch, rather than a crushed ball of green copper. Also, sweet buckle chape... those things are always fun to dig.

-Brad

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I really like that shaker and awesome job bending it back into shape. I annealed and straightened a Victorian copper brooch that was bent into a ball! I lost the nice green patina when I annealed it, but its much more presentable as a identifiable brooch, rather than a crushed ball of green copper. Also, sweet buckle chape... those things are always fun to dig.

-Brad

I certainly understand loosing the toning. The shaker lost its toning as well but it's almost, kind of, sort of looks presentable;)

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SCRAP WHATS IT SAY ON THE TOKEN , NICE FINDS ....

cladHatter

Oct 20, 2011
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I apologize for the crappy title...Post-turkey day festivities has taken its toll on my mind. Anyway, I searched a 1772 house with little success, but here's my haul. My favorite is a sterling salt shaker which I don't think is old, but was fun to bend back into shape by torch.After the torch and cleaning here it is. the colonial buckle tongue was a nice find too. No other colonial finds yet but the hunting is tough and I had only 1-1/2 hrs. Maybe next time.
Enjoy Steve

I got out today for a couple hours. I hit a spot I've researched but never went to...but I had sent friends there a couple times with success. I had a few good targets and I went home very happy. The first target was an 1864 IHC, followed by a 1809 Half Cent Next came a big ol flat button then the "Not One Cent" hard times large cent token.
The coins were cleaned with the dry method. They're not in very good shape but I got dates from both. interestingly the flat button still had thread crammed under the shank. That's always cool!
Enjoy Steve

I had a great hunt today with some great fellas. My bro Charlie was kind enough to take me to a spot on a Staten Island. A site that had history of British Encampments and a couple 1800's homes. It required a bunch of bushwacking but we had a good time.First was a banging hit...Then the seated....Beautiful...a seated half-dime with arrows. Overall it was a great day with great company.
The lock was cool. Patent date 1884. Enjoy everyone and happy Thanksgiving Steve

I was at a park this morning to play with the kids. Life has slowed me down to the point to where I have not hunted in a week, and seriously hunted in two. I also thought about Treazurehunters eloquent post about his daughter all grown up and getting married and that has my wheels turning.
So knowing there's modern silver over on the other side of this park, I baited the older one by telling her I know there's silver in this park. The littler one just nods his head any time I say the word "coin"
So we went for fifteen minutes found a couple quarters and dimes, and a single Mercury. My boy dug his first Merc with the shovel and pinpointed. He worked for it... The older one was jealous... But she's dug a lot; mercs, barbers, even a walker half, and two large cents. Most on here know I usually like to post older stuff but this was special. Enjoy them kids while they're young
Steve

WOW great finds again.
Hope you are enjoying those kids while they are young! :laughing7: :icon_pale::hourglass:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW great finds again.
Hope you are enjoying those kids while they are young! :laughing7: :icon_pale::hourglass:

Cool! All my latest posts at once! It was definitely an interesting week. Thanks for looking bud

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread