Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First hunt since before the holiday. I've been starting to do well again at the pomander site. Probably a combination of the wet soil, new coil, and just learning how to use my at pro better. I just went real slow and started to pick up some buckle pieces, round ball and some flat buttons including my biggest one yet from the site. The SLQ was a terrible signal mixed in with iron but I dig everything here. I got the KG II next at every bit of 10" if not more. I finished the night off with my favorite find. I'm guessing its a colonial wax seal. Any info on that one appreciated. Looks like the initials are GW. LOL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    603.2 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 13

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
The fob seal is awesome. Still on my high on my list of items yet to find. It would be hard to say for sure if what it dates to but technically the colonial period ended with the American Revolution and the declaration of independence. A lot of people like to call anything 200 years old colonial which really isn't correct.

All the ones I've found were early 1800s, and I consider all of them colonial; had this been found a few degrees higher in latitude there would have been no question on whether or not what is considered colonial

You say tomato I say potato

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
supposed to rain most of the week. at least its not snow. Can't wait to get back for more. Thanks

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save on the fob seal...The Geo II is icing on the cake!

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The fob seal is the second best relic from here. I thought I was done with the old coppers and silvers. I had not dug a large copper from here since August. There's still hope for that milled reale to go along with the cob from here

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fob seal is the second best relic from here. I thought I was done with the old coppers and silvers. I had not dug a large copper from here since August. There's still hope for that milled reale to go along with the cob from here

It's all in the eye of the beholder... I have dug over a hundred Geo II but NOT one fob seal yet, so you see where I am coming from. Good luck with a cob... That will get my attention too :)

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's all in the eye of the beholder... I have dug over a hundred Geo II but NOT one fob seal yet, so you see where I am coming from. Good luck with a cob... That will get my attention too :)

I already got the cob in late August. A worn 1 reale Mexico mint early 1700's. I want a milled reale now. See my avatar

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY TOAST GOT YOURSELF SOME NEEEET FINDS ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread