1722 KG i, 4 Shoe Buckle Fragments, Tiny Anchor Button

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed out early this am for a hunt. Got to a new spot and quickly lost hope. Soooo I decided to hike about 6 miles one way to a small black dot that I saw on a late 1700s map. Took me forever to find the cellar hole but I finally did. Absolutely beautiful spot on a high ridge overlooking a tidal River. Didn't have a whole lot of time but I'm guessing this spot hasn't been hunted before. Nobody else is dumb enough to hike that far for a small dot on a map. I found a tiny little anchor button while I was trying to find the cellar hole.
Found 4 broken shoe buckles in the short time I was there. A couple would have been pretty damn nice. Also found a couple of large flat buttons and a nice little designed Tombac. A few pieces of lead and a broken pewter spoon.
The 1722 kgi is a first. Found tons of 2's but never a 1. This coin was covered in what I call coast disease. Strangely this crust often protects the coin underneath. I was shocked to get this much detail from it. Hoping to get a few more hunts in before the big freeze.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 20
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But I have the 1717, he never beats me! :laughing7:

This is why tree coin God doesn't listen to you. If you were a little nice he might throw you a Mass silver

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see your still tearing it up ,up there Ahab.Nice finds!

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Love the buckle fragments. I've been working a colonial site all year and my best buckle fragments are much smaller than those. A nice buckle us one of the few things that has eluded me here that others seem to find regularly

Coilcrazy2

Nov 9, 2010
Reading, pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw
sweet finds! Only ever found 2 KGI but neither were even in that good of shape. Well done!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well worth the hike I'd say! That's a great copper Ahab!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How the hell did i miss my bestest friends outing???
Way to go on the KG1..
The are the beat ones to dig!!
And what??? No complete shoe buckle. .get the hell out of here..
Not my ABE.. are you feeling ok?. Lol
Nice digs, and hope you can get out a few more!!

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any day I'm digging targets like those, I'm happy!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds buddy

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! It was fun to get out for a day. Been about 3 months of nothing but work. Now I'm stuck at work til the 18th so it looks like this season is shut down. But you never know. I was digging in January this year

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! It was fun to get out for a day. Been about 3 months of nothing but work. Now I'm stuck at work til the 18th so it looks like this season is shut down. But you never know. I was digging in January this year

Oh well, still many years to go! IH and I are looking at getting out Friday, but after that looks very questionable.

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent hunt, can't wait to see what else is hiding there. Looks like that site will keep you occupied for a while. :D HH

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

I remember that - January, then the door slammed shut. Harshest winter I can remember in a long time and I'm in friggin Jersey. However all of my advanced predictors point toward a mild winter so who knows bro...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions