How we spent Black Friday

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
I thought that we would share how we spent our black Friday. Instead of facing all of the crowds we headed the other direction to our Civil war camp. The pickings where a little sparse for some reason but we did find some stuff and a few firsts. My friend brought his grandsons out for a while so we gave him a few 3 ringers to slip in to the boys digs so we actually did a little better than it looks. One of the best finds of the day was my wife found our first star base .58 cal three ringer. Out of the almost 300 bullets we have found out there this is the first star. Another first was a candle stick holder and then a nipple protector (which I almost tossed in the scrap thinking it was a nut). We also got a nice complete J hook, 2 old keys (broken) a shoulder scale, a piece to a pocket knife. The usual rusty stuff, and nails and wire. But over all a much more fun day than fighting the crowds. Thanks for looking

JimK

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 82
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 78
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 73
  • photo 5 (2).jpg
    photo 5 (2).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 77
  • photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 81
  • photo 7JPG.JPG
    photo 7JPG.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 5

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great star bullet! I think those are so cool. Congays

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job. I grew up in south central Kentucky ( Go Cats! ) and one of my favorite spots to go was Mill Springs. Can you imagine the amount of lead under the waters of Lake Cumberland in that area?

OP
OP
JimK

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job. I grew up in south central Kentucky ( Go Cats! ) and one of my favorite spots to go was Mill Springs. Can you imagine the amount of lead under the waters of Lake Cumberland in that area?

I agree. We lived in Somerset and Eubank for a couple of years before moving north to Nicholasville. I did not have a detector then bu am givin some thought to going back down that way to see if I can get any leads on some new spots.

JimK

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice,, giving the grandsons a few finds will give birth to a future generation of treasure hunters. Never seen a 3 ringer with a star base before.
Congrats on a sweet hunt

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds. I like the way you spent your Black Friday. It sure beat the alternative.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread