Pewter Anchor + RP, 3 Coppers: 1807, 1832, 1888

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patriot and I got back to last weeks site to see if there was anything left to scrounge up, and there was! We hit all over the place and regridded where the house would have sat multiple times, and Patriot kept picking up the pewters. He got me to check his signal on one and with my settings the iron shank in there was giving me a really bad, practically iron signal. I adjusted my settings and dug a pewter right away! I got another anchor button and the really worn RP, it was quite easy to see the crown right after it was dug but after a brushing to clean it's nearly impossible to see anything, just the faintest outline. Oh well, it counts in my head :P This site was also littered with rifle shells. I dug a couple dozen of them over the past two hunts there!
Goes to show even a site that seems to be drying up still holds the goodies if you slow down! Would be awesome if it were ploughed, but doubt that will happen anytime soon - I'm sure there's lots more left for us there.
IMG_8268.JPG
IMG_8269.JPG
IMG_8267.JPG

Upvote 13
OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha yeah it couldn't have worked out better, check the signal, change the settings, dig a pewter a few seconds later! I got musketballs all over the place there as well, so there might be stray buttons around as well.

The detail sure seems better when they came out..just need IP's little dirty secret... You faired out ok after the settings were corrected..what timing haha right after! Or was it me messing with you all year lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread