VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Josh joined the Tennessee Trio in 2008. Out of the hundreds of bullets he has dug since then, he had never dug a .50 cal. Smith Carbine bullet. Doug was busy with his store so I invited Josh to go to a site where Doug and I had found Smith Carbine bullets about two years ago. I felt sure we could wander around and have a good possibility for him to detect and dig one for his collection.
We got distracted (See pic) by digging other CW bullets as we walked to the part of the camp where the Smith Carbine bullets were located. I dug a Smith Carbine bullet on the way to that part of the camp and a few minutes later Josh dug what he came for. Enjoy the video & HH from Josh & Q.

Nashville Civil War Show is Dec. 5 & 6.

Attachments

• DSCN1741.JPG
    DSCN1741.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
  • DSCN1738.JPG
    DSCN1738.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Upvote 8

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice amount of lead Mr. Q. Great of you to take Josh for a bucket list item for him, and then having him get one is a great feat. I hope all 3 of you have a great Christmas and hopefully we that can't attend the Nashville show can at least see some pics of the affair.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to you both!
It's really sweet when it works out that well.
Haven"t figured out how to view videos from my ph yet, but I will. :sly:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, but i don't see the video on my end.

You Tube has had problems today. You can try copying & pasting the link into your address bar. Hopefuly, it will appear soon in the post. HH, Q.

You can go to You Tube and type "Quindy Robertson' in the You Tube address bar and it will come up.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Yet another great hunt Quindy. For those that don't know, this place was considered "cleaned out" many years ago. You would be lucky to find a bullet there back in the old days. Between Quindy, Doug (and it hurts to admit that!) and Josh, they can always dig some relics in places like this. I'm just amazed to see them still finding stuff there. Way to go guys!!! The Smith carbine bullets are getting hard to find so congrats Josh, it's one of my favorite bullets to dig.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a nice amount of lead Mr. Q. Great of you to take Josh for a bucket list item for him, and then having him get one is a great feat. I hope all 3 of you have a great Christmas and hopefully we that can't attend the Nashville show can at least see some pics of the affair.

Merry Christmas to you & yours OD & we'll try to take a few pics to sghare on a future video. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool,, Nice of you to take Josh to a site that is known to produce 50 cal. SMITH's

That's the only site I know of in this area that will produce the Smith Carbine consistently ATW. If Josh had not invited me to a site near his home while Doug was recovering from shoulder surgery, I wouldn't have an AVC or CSA "I" button in my collection. If he hadn't invited Doug & I to another site he scouted for us, Doug wouldn't have dug that Republic of Texas button either. What comes around, goes around. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yet another great hunt Quindy. For those that don't know, this place was considered "cleaned out" many years ago. You would be lucky to find a bullet there back in the old days. Between Quindy, Doug (and it hurts to admit that!) and Josh, they can always dig some relics in places like this. I'm just amazed to see them still finding stuff there. Way to go guys!!! The Smith carbine bullets are getting hard to find so congrats Josh, it's one of my favorite bullets to dig.
Just patient & lucky Donnie. If it were not for your suggestion, we would never have known about the site. Let's go hunting soon. Dman is getting out of control again-LOL. HH, Q.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on all the lead gentlemen! Always nice to dig a new bullet.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE BUNCH OF LEAD AND 50 CAL .......

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on all the lead gentlemen! Always nice to dig a new bullet.

Thanks Steve. Doug & I went back to that site today for 2.5 hours & dug 4 more Smith's (i.e. Doug did why I scouted more area-LOL). We only had 9 or 10 bullets between us -not enough to post. HH, Q.

Mark1985

Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
whites spectra v3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad to see someone is still getting out during hunting season

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread