First 45 minutes with the Deus and old spot may be a new one.

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today the Deus showed up and man was I stoked. Tore open that package like a kid on Christmas morn. Turned on the controller only to find out it wasn't even charged. :BangHead: So I plugged it in for about a half hour and ran down to one of my old spots that has been hit by many people and many machines. First I found a 1941 wheat amongst rusted old pieces of beer cans. I thought it was awesome considering it was amongst all the junk. After digging a couple handfulls of junk. I dug the round thing. I don't know if it's a rosette or what, but it is what seems to be brass, lead filled back with an iron pin going through it. It was getting a little dark and I was slowly working my way out of the woods, and I got a nice sounding signal. Right under the surface I pulled a rusty old beer bottle cap! I re-checked the hole and there was that nice clean loud signal agin. Dug down 8" and out pops a little black coin. I thought it was a toasted wheat or Indian, but to my surprise it was an 1891 Seated Dime. How happy I was to find out that once I learn this machine. All my old spots might be new ones again.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Here is that whatchamacallit round thingy. Hope someone has an idea.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 20

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the deus family!!
Its definitely going to open up your old sites. Congrats on the seated dime. And I believe that is a rosette.
If you want Will, I cant help you out a little on your learning curve. Just PM.
George

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like the Deus is already earning its keep! I've been using a AT-Pro for the last three seasons, but have considered up-grading to the Deus. Don't get me wrong...I love my Garrett, and have made some great finds, but I wonder what targets I'm not hearing. Please keep the posts coming as you get to know your new detector. I'd be very interesested in your thoughts on Deus vs. At-Pro. HH.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now you're just showing off! Nice job Will. That's the way to break a machine in!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dangit, there goes ALL the silver in nepa!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with your new machine! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could feel your excitement. I bet those 30 minutes of charging time seemed like the longest 30 minutes you ever waited. Pulling the seated sure capped off the inaugural hunt. I'm looking forward to your future posts and finds. GL & HH

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the Deus is already earning its keep! I've been using a AT-Pro for the last three seasons, but have considered up-grading to the Deus. Don't get me wrong...I love my Garrett, and have made some great finds, but I wonder what targets I'm not hearing. Please keep the posts coming as you get to know your new detector. I'd be very interesested in your thoughts on Deus vs. At-Pro. HH.

I upgraded to the Deus from the AT Pro. I did a very good job with the ATP and the 5x8 coil. However, in the older spots I am finding targets at every visit. These are areas I absolutely pounded, gridding multiple directions with the ATP, in different conditions. I have found very deep coins that the ATP couldn't hear. I am also finding a lot in the trash. It's a great upgrade.

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the deus family!!
Its definitely going to open up your old sites. Congrats on the seated dime. And I believe that is a rosette.
If you want Will, I cant help you out a little on your learning curve. Just PM.
George
Thanks! I have put much thought and research into purchasing the Deus. This is only my second Seated anything ever. And I found it just turning the machine on and swinging. The anticipation was killing me and I had to just try it. Thanks for for the offer on the help. I will definitely PM you.

I have hit this spot for many many hours with the ATP, and a few friends as well. It is a real trashy site, but has a lot of history and had tons of activity. I have taken buckets full of trash out before I even started finding anything with the Pro. Tonight was a surprise, because I found stuff mixed in and under the trash. I know it's only day one, but it's hard not to get excited when your new machine finds an awesome coin first run out.

Now you're just showing off! Nice job Will. That's the way to break a machine in!

Whatever I did. It's Cjons fault. Lol. Thanks. When I talked to you today I was working. Didn't even think I was gonna get out and try it.

Dangit, there goes ALL the silver in nepa![/QUOTE
I can leave the occasional OD nickel behind If you wish.

Good luck with your new machine! :occasion14:
Thanks!

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could feel your excitement. I bet those 30 minutes of charging time seemed like the longest 30 minutes you ever waited. Pulling the seated sure capped off the inaugural hunt. I'm looking forward to your future posts and finds. GL & HH
Thanks Loco! It's funny how this hobby gives us excitement like we were still young boys. From receiving a new machine to finding a marble alongside a hole you just dug. It never gets old.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Loco! It's funny how this hobby gives us excitement like we were still young boys. From receiving a new machine to finding a marble alongside a hole you just dug. It never gets old.

Amen Brother

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new machine and an awesome score on its maiden voyage!!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That reminds me of my first DEUS experience haha! Grinning, opening box like a kid, racing to an old faithful spot, having your mind blown finding awesome stuff where there should be none....

You're gonna love this thing!

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, with all the places you have to hunt, you have plenty to look forward to.

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome brother!! Cheers!! Had a very similar experience this week. Just upgraded to the NEL 15" Attack coil for my AT Pro. Had to try it immediately lol. Went to a trashy park, that's been POUNDED. Couldn't believe it when I hit a seated dime at 9". Like you said, it makes old spots viable again. It's like hitting the reset button on our favorite spots. I'm smiling just thinking about it. Lol. Anyways, you seemed to have done a fair amount of research on the Deus. Was curious what the major benefits were over the AT Pro?? Would greatly appreciate if anybody could tell me? Seems like a really cool machine, and I know whoever has a Deus seems to love it? What's the depth like etc?? Appreciate any info?? Thanks. And again congrats! Seated Coins are awesome! Just found my first 2 ever this month.

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new machine and an awesome score on its maiden voyage!!
Thanks Bartek!

That reminds me of my first DEUS experience haha! Grinning, opening box like a kid, racing to an old faithful spot, having your mind blown finding awesome stuff where there should be none....

You're gonna love this thing!

I already do and I barely knew how to turn it on.

Awesome, with all the places you have to hunt, you have plenty to look forward to.

Thanks! All my best spots have given up tons, but only as old as Barbers. Hoping I will be finding some of the older stuff this next season.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its been about 1 year now since I upgraded to the DEUS from a GMP. Your about to have one of your best years.:occasion14:

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome brother!! Cheers!! Had a very similar experience this week. Just upgraded to the NEL 15" Attack coil for my AT Pro. Had to try it immediately lol. Went to a trashy park, that's been POUNDED. Couldn't believe it when I hit a seated dime at 9". Like you said, it makes old spots viable again. It's like hitting the reset button on our favorite spots. I'm smiling just thinking about it. Lol. Anyways, you seemed to have done a fair amount of research on the Deus. Was curious what the major benefits were over the AT Pro?? Would greatly appreciate if anybody could tell me? Seems like a really cool machine, and I know whoever has a Deus seems to love it? What's the depth like etc?? Appreciate any info?? Thanks. And again congrats! Seated Coins are awesome! Just found my first 2 ever this month.
Thanks ! I don't know much about the Deus because I just got it. I can tell you I own the Nel 15" for the ATP as well. I have used it at this spot a few times and it was just to trashy for it. What I can tell you is that the Deus read that seated directly under a rusty beer bottle cap. This site is littered with those, and my ATP would be choppy and jumping all over the place with those things. No way am I putting the ATP down. It has found me so much awesome stuff over the last 3 years, and I would recommend it for anyone. I just felt that the area I live in with all its history. The oldest things I dig up doesn't seem like it should be Barbers. I was looking for more depth. I checked out a bunch of Videos, read a bunch of reviews, and the success stories here on Tnet helped me decide on the Deus.

Congrats on the Seated Dime and your new Deus.
Do you understand the Depth meter?

The ATW! I don't understand anything yet. Just turned it on and went. I will be learning more as I get out to hunt and read my manual and the Videos on XP's site. I am sure I will be getting tons of tips from our fellow Tnetters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread