second try for todays finds.. HOT COLD?

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
second try for today's finds.. HOT COLD?

Hi everyone, glad to be back on familiar ground. Was vacationing in Myrtle Beach earlier in the week with my wife, and I got to do some beach hunting. It was fun and everything, but Walking on sand uses a whole different set of muscles than on dirt and grass. <smile> I had fun, but it's good to be home. Took us almost all of yesterday to drive home from South Carolina to Kentucky.. just missing the rain that set in Saturday morning as we were leaving for home.
Today I wanted to hit a couple of parks in town here.. alas, a lot of barbeque's and family gatherings.. and ball games kind of crowded me out. So I opted to search some school yards since school is out for summer now here locally. I began at my very own elementary alma mater. And I began finding coins right off the bat! I hit a quarter in the first two minutes of sweeping. I almost got happy feet when I saw the partial date.. COULD IT BE SILVER? No.. just teasing me, again.. 1969. Oh well, from there to a couple of '80's pennies, a child's eraser (not everything is underground) a hotwheels car, a broken mood pendant that some little girl lost when the eyelet broke. Another quarter, and some more pennies. AND. I found something cool and unusual (for my discoveries anyway) What I at first thought to be the bottom of an aluminum can turned out to be coin or token. It was a promotional item by a local Ice Cream manufacturer (that doesn't exist anymore) On the face side it has the company logo, and a four leaf clover with the words GOOD LUCK, on the back side it has the University of Kentucky Basketball game schedule .. for the 1950-1951 season! The opposing teams were listed around the outside edges like hours on a clock and the date of the game next to each. See photo later. Very cool. Of course there's little to no monetary value to this thing, but some collector might take a fancy to it. Too bad it was damaged, both by something prior to my discovery and then by my extraction.
Well here are my finds for today. closeups of the "token" show better detail.

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

While I'm posting pictures.. how about a couple of this religious "token" I found a few weeks ago. I'm thinking it's perhaps Catholic in origin but As I'm not Catholic myself I can't say for sure. It would appear to me to be a prayer aid of some sort.. like a one piece version of the rosary. On one side we have the Crucifix and the words "AVE MARIA", on the reverse side there is a likeness of Mary and ten beads that look to be..well.. rosary beads.

See photo

011.JPG

014.JPG

If anyone can identify this drop me a line.Thanks. Off to chat!

Keep Huntin'

Frodov

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: second try for today's finds.. HOT COLD?

Nice batch of finds Frodov! Congrats!

Those out aluminum scheds from the 50's are really cool. I have found a couple and yours is in really good shape. Mine had corroded away some.

The religiuos medalian is nice also. Not sure exactly what it is. The ten orbs around the outside may signify the ten commandments??

Smiles!
BDoo

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

glad to hear you got back from the beach ok and looks like you got some good finds there,! congrats ;)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

its a finger rosary --- looks kind of like a ring--you do it over and over its equal to a length of the regular roseary and is used for count the numbers of prayers like a "regular rosary" would do---as a catholic I know what it is---Ivan

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

I really like the token
Dman

R

RUDY2003

Nice to see you're having a good time on the beach. Nice pile....
Keep safe...

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio

Nice finds Fro! ;D
Glad you enjoyed the trip too.
Ivan is correct, I have a couple of those finger rosaries myself.

:)
DD

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Great finds, love the little car.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Love that token! 8) Congrats on those finds!

:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread