Antietam finds with civilman1 (first Capped Bust).

jmginmd

Nov 10, 2004
It was civil's idea to go out really early and hunt one of his spots in Antietam. On a normal Saturday, I would have still been sleeping when I found this. First Capped Bust I found, 1834 dime. Thanks civil for another great hunt! Total for the day is one and 1/4 three ringers, one round ball, and the dime. I wasn't alone in the great hunt as I watched civil pull out 2 three ringers for a total of four for him. That's motivation to not sleep in on the weekend!

Attachments

• DSC03237.JPG
    DSC03237.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 726
  • DSC03236.JPG
    DSC03236.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 715
  • DSC03235.JPG
    DSC03235.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 705
Upvote 0

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Super dime. I bet you are glad you went out digging instead of sleeping. If you get a chance check out the half dime and eagle button I found in a Confederate camp.
Dman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a nice bunch of history there. Congrats.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very good finds! Relics are getting harder and harder to find. At least you have access to an area that had a high volume of troops engaged. In Tennessee, we are now relegated to hunting small camps. Super CB and good huntin'

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Civilman sure has the spots ! Nice dime, almost all the liberty is in the headress.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking forward to your post after Civil mentioned it in his post. Thats a super nice dime! Congrats.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As soon as the sun come's up over S.Mt. I'm gone....Between the bug's and heat it's best to get out early these day's.....even if there weren't any bug's and heat I'm still gone!!!That was one great find Justin....I have a little more info on the farm,alot more movement than I thought.The old orchard seem's to be the place as far as I know...Yet!!!!Again,Congrat's on a super find....Hopefully it won't be the last.Gotta hit the corn field's before they get too big.HH!!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Nice capped bust!

You don't see many of those!

Congratulations!

Ridley

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Wow that is so cool Civil took you to Sharpsburg. I love reading his posts I always bring the area up on google earth and try and figure out where he may be hunting. Ive learned so much about the battle and the area,from the Dunker Church to Bloody ln. Last week he posted a pic of a marker along the road so I started reading up on it about Smoketown rd. Wonderful opportunity you guys have to be able to touch history,thanks for letting us tag along,nice dime BTW,HH...Shoot

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
That is a fantastic find, good luck on future hunts!

B

BIG61AL

Oh what a sweet looking Lady that is.....super duper dime!!!

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I have never saw a capped bust dime before.... very awesome....too bad there aren't any battle sites here in ohio... I have detected in a spot where Gen. Morgan actually camped.....pretty cool to be where the raider's were.... but I haven't found anything really old there yet... a few IH's ....couple of Barber Dimes...Buffalo Nickle..... and some wheaties.....the spot is actually a house yard.... they Built a house on part of the spot right after Morgan left....it is a pretty cool house... and trying to getta go back.. the owners are very odd..... last time they took most of my finds.... was glad that I really didn't find much LOL

Congrats on the finds...... :)

OP
OP
J

jmginmd

Nov 10, 2004
Thanks alot everyone! I am looking forward to getting out and seeing what else I can find............if Joe will let me hunt with him again. Don't worry, I'll post the good stuff when I find it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread