MODEL T ford key with F44

mfc83

Feb 27, 2010
MILLSBORO,DE
Detector(s) used
FISHER 1280X ,FISHER F2,BOUNTY HUNTER IV , TESORO CUTLASS UMAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stopped at honey hole for about 1 hour hunt with new f44 results 1903 indian head 1911 wheat and 1943 nickel and this key which if my research is correct went to a model t Ford. also found a toy gun Just amazes me i keep finding at this spot its in woods and have recovered well over 100 coins and 6 rings

Attachments

• model t key.jpeg
    model t key.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 179
  • toy gun.jpeg
    toy gun.jpeg
    496.5 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 9

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on a good hunt! Are you liking the F44 as much as I am?!?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. The place your at was probably an old picnic grove of some sort. Keep hitting it.

goldbmine

Nov 13, 2015
North Ga.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, your correct. Key's before 1921 had "frosting" like dimple marks. They stopped this after that yr to save money. I haven't looked at mine in a while, I think there is a # on it also. Can't remember

Randy Combs

Sep 16, 2013
FREDONIA KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Predator Raptor
Predator Phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be stoked if I found one of those keys!!

tennessee

Feb 8, 2013
East tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was going through some of my finds a couple days ago and throwing away all I thought was trash. When I read your post, I realized that I had thrown away a t model key. Ran to my study and, luckily, I hadn't thrown it away. Thanks for the post and the research.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be stoked if I found one of those keys!!
Wanna buy one?:laughing7::tongue3::tongue3:

There are only a small number of different keyings for these keys. I've got a bunch some found some from my grandfathers locksmith shop. And I think I still have some blanks too. Imagine buying a car and telling the locksmith you need a F44 key. Or imagine a locksmith coming with a try set and cutting a key or pulling one out of his stock in under 20 minutes. Things were soooo simple in those days!:icon_thumright:

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my younger days I had a lot of Fords from the 1950's through the early 1970's. I saved an ignition and trunk key from each even if I got rid of the car. I had probably thirty or so different keys. Whenever somebody locked the key in a Ford they would come to me and nine times out of ten I would have a key that fit.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That key is great. Well jealous! As a kid I had a c-scope. Key magnet. Had a jar of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions