Im remembering why I dont see Old Dude posting every week.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm remembering why I don't see Old Dude posting every week.

When one starts doing what we all want to do in this hobby, find OLD stuff!! I mean
like not just settling for clad every time out, like I'd been. ;)

When one really starts to do the "work" part, the research, the knocking for permissions, the limiting to
mostly places that have a fair chance of finding "old".

When one starts doing all that, as I have started doing again, the finds dwindle! The chance at quality goes
up! But, the actual finds go down. When one only finds a nail, or one penny or one bullet. They don't feel
much like posting. LOL ;)

Like, the slightly disappointing showing I'm about to present. :)

2015 (730).jpg
2015 (731).jpg
2015 (732).jpg

Dunno what the bullet is, but the shell is interesting. Not one I would expect here.

2015 (733).jpg

Don't think Blingie's liking the new style. :)

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 13

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm also excited from a session even if it's one crappy coin that I wouldn't even join into a 50-penny roll to try to trick banks, or try to insert into a coinstar machine. That terrible penny is MINE even if I throw it in the trash, and is worth an expeditiion. I'm excited for every damned penny I pull up. Even horribly deformed pennies. I just tricked whoever lost it with my magic machine and got that penny back. And obviously we also trick other losers of valuable things by finding those same valuable things. But finding a lost item, even a corroded penny, is a delight in its own.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions