I Havent heard the fat lady Sing Yet!! Seated Half!!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Haven't heard the fat lady Sing Yet!! Seated Half!!

Received permission today for a new field. Not as old as I would like, house on the property is from 1860s.
Was hoping to find older settlement on the fields. But couldn't come up with any signs.
Here is a funny story. So there is a old big pond on this property, by the house. They just drained the pond and getting ready to fill it in. Sooo I thought why dont I see if there any goodies in there before they fill it.
Its dry, at least I thought so. I take 2 steps in and boom, I sink all the way down to my crotch and cant move..
I toss my detector up to dry land and im thinking oh sh-- what now.
I can see the lady about 100yards away and start yelling HELLO!!! HELLO!!! she sees me and starts running. Her and her daughter.
Well im pretty embarrassed at this point, so I say boy what I will do for a BUCKLE..lol.
They start laughing.
They grab my shovel hand it to me and start pulling me out..
Wow, that was the most smelling crap I have ever smelled..lol
So you see my find for the day, and I also got Swamp Butt!!! Sorry for the long story. Just goes to show what we do for Buttons and buckles and seated half dollars..
Thanks for listening.
George.

Upvote 29

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good thing that mother and daughter were there too.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449798803.942133.jpg

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good, you must be deaf...keep hunting until you hear her...Sweet silver!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna start singing if you don't stop posting BIG SILVER there Mr. Swamp Butt!!!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
That's why I always let IP go first into the unknown!
I thought you were going to say your pouch was so full it took you down in the muck!
Despite sinking up your er..pockets in the quagmire, you filled them up with some decent finds!
Wtg on the half dollar!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's quite a story George. I got stuck like that once in a remote location with nobody around to pull me out. Pretty scary stuff. Finally got out but left my boots 3 or 4 feet deep in the muck. Looks like it was well worth the trouble seeing how you were able to pocket yet another big silver. Nice going buddy!

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Too funny Old Dude...those pictures are hilarious....glad you got out ok though...that half would make my hunt...congrats

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too funny Old Dude...those pictures are hilarious....glad you got out ok though...that half would make my hunt...congrats

Thanks Brian. George says I suck at detecting, so at least I have the comedy.

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude, you never cease to amaze me man!! Have you ever done like a roundup video? If so is it still online somewhere? Your finds are incredible man. I can only hope that I can find a fraction of the stuff you've found, just this year alone. Crazy! Another amazing coin! Thanks for sharing brother. Cheers.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Haven't heard the fat lady Sing Yet!! Seated Half!!

You certainly set the bar very high for consistently making top notch finds! Congrats again on a sweet seated half.

Only fifteen and a half weeks to go buddy! Then I'll show you how to dig Celtic gold and hammered silver!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez lol that fat lady almost buried you in the quicksand lmao!!!, good thing those people "rescued" you lol!, oh yeah killer seated too!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True. You needed a buddy with you. That way there would be pictures of "the incident" to share with tnet. After the photo shoot I'd pull you out of the mud. :laughing7:

I'd leave him hang there for a while and use his deus to make a good find or 2 lol! !

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the way to your crotch....so that's all of about 14" lol. Georgie I told you this season would be amazing for you and Scraps. But this is getting a bit ridiculous. I'm out of nice things to say so I'm gonna start acting like a jealous a$$ and just say mean things. You suck bro! I'm thinking about taking the entire summer off next year so you don't make my finds look so pathetic. Hoping were not quite done and that I will be out there the end of next week. Really happy for Ya brother. I'm giving you the MVH award for this season. You have earned it

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's is something else george and funny as heck.You must of been bit cold down there lol.The funny part is when they came running to you lol.Anyway a seated was well worth the shrinkage of your crotch.lol great hunt

Actually, that is not shrinkage, that is the normal size.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See now if I had been there hunting with you I would have reached the shovel towards you but just out of reach. I would have begun telling you stories about quicksand and how sad your family would be if you sunk out of sight. I then would have asked you to show me what you had in your pouch and if you valued the finds over your horseshoe up the butt life. I obviously wouldn't have let you die, but might have waited till you were up to your armpits before I extended the shovel to you. And that would be after you agreed to give me THAT SILVER SEATED HALF DOLLAR!!!

mack0238

May 10, 2015
Rochester, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're CRUSHING IT Vino! No one ever said it would be easy... hell, Indiana Jones kept running into snakes. I guess battling quick-sand= Seated Half. Wonderful finds

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Fat Lady is singing alright. If you took your damn headphones off you'd hear her and give it up for the winter!!!!!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd take a mud bath to find a seated half any day of the week. Twice on saturdays!

Congratz! Awesome coin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread