Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great day to be out digging! I knew this was going to be a tough one for me figuring I used up all my luck last time out on the 71st button, and it was sure looking like that was going to be the case. I did pop a few coins early, and the places we were weren't great, so I figured .... hey, my coil is still hot, let's get the heck out of here and to the old stuff! Of course once we get to the first old site for the day things change and I only find junk, but not like it mattered anyway because IH had the interesting coin and marked button out in about 5 minutes! On the way home I told him from now on I plan to sprint from the car to the site to have a chance. :)

From there it was just a 9 iron shot to a field we had done in the past with some good success. I immediately headed for the small site at the bottom of the field which was a Rev War pewter button bonanza about a dozen years ago -- it's a pretty quiet little spot now, but I seem to always find a military button.... except for today! :unhappysmiley: Damn you 71st button! (Just kidding, I still love you) :laughing7: Anyway, so after about 30 minutes and one tombac button to show for my effort, I figure I better boogie back up to the center of the field and actually dig some targets. So I get there and looks like ironhorse made the tracks and dug the holes of 10 men. :laughing7: Like the previous site he already had a couple keepers and for the next 20 minutes all I did was dig little pieces of scrap copper or brass. By this time I was starting to get pretty frustrated and feeling the pressure because i didn't feel like I had enough to post, and then finally I dig a target and seen what I wanted, an early military button! :headbang: Unfortunately it had a hard clump of rust on the face so I had to work on it, and this is the best she is going to be, but that's cool and I am relatively confident it's 62nd Reg..... and all I wanted was to know what regiment. Anyway, that's my tale from today.

I'm really diggin' the brooch/pin thing!

Attachments

• 62nd.jpg
    62nd.jpg
    692.2 KB · Views: 103
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 86
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 96
  • s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Upvote 10

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice way to save the day.
I would take that button over the seated half I dug today any day..

Last edited:

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice ones IP i guess your wrap up wasn't really a wrap up yet..
Did that make sense hey pass me that..

~Blaze~

Attachments

• smokin_kirk4.jpg
    smokin_kirk4.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 210
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few pictures I took today. I am only able to do it when the finds are not old.... once I'm in a good area forget about it. :) We were on a pretty interesting trail through the woods, and someone made one heck of an effort to create this. At one point we were walking and I said to IH, jeeze this green path looks almost like carpet.... and he points down to one spot that still shows the original grey color and says it is! (no pic of the carpet path) Someone actually laid a path of carpet through the woods. Plus there's various stuffed animals, cans and bottles, and even a pair of rubber boots in trees as you walk through. It's quite a spot! Sadly as neat a place as it is, we did not find the early sites we were looking for.

PS: We just happened to see the cellar hole while driving out the dirt road. We only stopped for 20 minutes, but was worth it because it's where I found the neat brooch.

Attachments

• z101.jpg
    z101.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
  • z102.jpg
    z102.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 106
  • z100.jpg
    z100.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
  • z104.jpg
    z104.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 111
  • z105.jpg
    z105.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 88

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that first site would've panned out for you.. Did you try higher up on my ancestors field like you mentioned? Maybe its staying quiet until i hunt it in the Spring....
Great for you getting an early button and not so much for me... I may owe you that dollar yet...time will tell

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that first site would've panned out for you.. Did you try higher up on my ancestors field like you mentioned? Maybe its staying quiet until i hunt it in the Spring....
Great for you getting an early button and not so much for me... I may owe you that dollar yet...time will tell

It's where I got the button. Still targets to find there, quite a few actually.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Nice to see you got a solid number off the button , a nice one to add to your collection!

Sorry to say the penny token wasn't what I thought it might be. It was just an 1812 one ; however, a few surprises in my pouch! Stay tuned!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one, (or two).
Great season weather wise for sure.
I like Elmo in the tree pic. a lot.

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
I love that brooch...it's always a good hunt when you dig something different...At least you got a regiment number on that button..I'd be happy with that too..Congrats

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you dig early military buttons like merc dimes. I'm always amazed at the volume of buttons you guys dig. Very nice and too bad about the rust spot. We can only dig what's under us brother. Keep swinging that hot coil brother. Don't think you're done yet

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you dig early military buttons like merc dimes. I'm always amazed at the volume of buttons you guys dig. Very nice and too bad about the rust spot. We can only dig what's under us brother. Keep swinging that hot coil brother. Don't think you're done yet

Yeah it's too bad about the rust, but as struggling as much as I was at the time I sude was glad to see it.

Here's a picture of what it looked like out of the ground.

Attachments

• 20151210_151936.jpg
    20151210_151936.jpg
    561.5 KB · Views: 92

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I see where you're continuing to take advantage of this crazy weather to get out, and you're definitely making the most of your opportunities. Nice assortment of stuff from the copper trail as usual, and that button is killer. Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread