Uh oh... someone lost mamas tennis bracelet!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Uh oh... someone lost mama's tennis bracelet!

... and guess who found it ;D

Hello to all again. Hope you got out this weekend! I got out twice ;D, Sat morning and this batch of finds from a 2 hour hunt Sunday morning before working again. I got eventully rained out, it came hard and wet, so I just headed off to work then (8am), smiling with some nice finds in the pouch. I went to a schoolyard in the same town as I work. I was not confident about searching there (and had a backup plan) because I have hit about 5 of the schools in that school district in the town I work in and none have produced much. Obviously, there is a talented detectist in the area and I must say, he/she is one of the good ones, they take their trash with them. I never find leftovers buried at the bottom of recently dug holes. Hats off to em!! Hazahhh!

Anyway, on with the adventure. I started swinging in the first swingset area (there were two) and right off the bat, a quarter, and another, a dime... this place has potential, I was surprised and smiling! Coming back down the other side of that first set I got my first keeper. A beautiful old crucifix. Not sterling, but nice. Moving onto the second set, again on my return trip down through the sweetspot, directly under the swinging area, I found it. It gave a large but not too loud signal. I thought it was a buried deep pop can. About 6 inches down a beautiful sight popped out, a gemstone filled tennis bracelet still clasped. Now... it is my extreme MD'ing fantasy to oneday find a meaty gold and diamond filled tennis bracelet, you know, one of those costing thousands of dollars (drooling just thinking about it...lol) So at first I thought, wow, there it is. Reality is really real though... it's a gold over sterling silver, with a big 925 stamp on the clasp, version. But it is really awesome anyway and I'll take it any day. It is VERY well made, in real nice shape, no damage except most of the gold plating came off when I cleaned it except for under the back side, some remains. The best part, it is completely filled, all the way around, with really sparkly trillium cut CZ's, 50 of them!! I am sure it cost a lot to buy new. It's large too, measuring 7-1/2 inches from the tip of the first CZ to the tip of the last CZ. It would easily slide off a kids wrist still clasped, or maybe a mama lost it? Anyway, it's one of my fave finds this year now, I am elated!! The photos don't do the sparkle of the stones justice. It was packed with dirt but cleaned up real nice!

I also kept my gold finding streak alive, 12 times out in a row, this day finding a lion ring setting thingie. I have a gold testing kit now and it tested 10kt. I has a long post on back and you can see the traces of a mechanical rivet on the end where it was set in a jewelry piece, maybe through a gemstone on a ring or pendant? It's kind of cool looking. I also found a very small 925 earring piece, damaged. Four keepers in the first hour, all from under the swings.

I covered the two play areas that were there and found a few trinkets and a couple more coins but not much like the swing areas. Then the sky opened up and I ran for the truck. I left, went and worked 6 hours, being the only one in my office all day and then headed home to clean my finds and take care of my kids, feed em and do some chores. I finally got around to taking the photos tonight after another long 11 hour day at work. I showed off my bracelet to my lady co-workers and friends and had fun sharing that.

Ok, the wrap up. 2 hours hunt time, $4.17 in clad with 43 coins. I also found a nice set of ladies sunglasses on the ground (by the swings...lol) that I gave to my daughter. She said they are designer brand, costing around $100. No pic of those, already taken away by her and she is out and about like teeneagers do almost every day. I also found two trinket, non hallmarked but really pretty rings. That takes me to 50 rings this year so far (19 G&S keepers & 31 trinket).

I was happy to get out twice this weekend, rare for me, and super smiley with my finds too. Thanks for reading. Here's some shots of Sunday's finds! Got one of the "as found" for you dirt lovers!

HH!! Good luck to you all!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• As Found.jpg
    As Found.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,222
  • June 3 T.jpg
    June 3 T.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,233
  • June 3 F.jpg
    June 3 F.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,218
  • Keepers T.jpg
    Keepers T.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,222
  • Keepers B.jpg
    Keepers B.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,206
  • Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,194
Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Uh oh... someone lost mama's tennis bracelet!

Very nice finds. I'd be proud of that bracelet too!!!...It's amazing what you will find in the tot lots. I've had very good luck around them. I found my only silver dollar right in front of a swing set just barely under the grass. Must have been a show and tell and lost.

DANGLANGLEY

Attachments

• license_20070506191547_51314.jpg
    license_20070506191547_51314.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,188
  • license_20070506191547_51314.jpg
    license_20070506191547_51314.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,184

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000

Dude, I hope you've got a better safe this time!You have quite a pile-o-treasure building up.I was looking forward to getting in the water on Sunday and look for some treasure of my own and it friggin poured all day.3-1/4" on my rain guage from Saturday afternoon to Monday morn.(Sunday being my only day off).I did go out in the rain to two local tot lots, only to find they had been hit by a very thurough but sloppy MDer....left holes big enough to break a leg in.Congrats on your continued sucess...it at least keeps me inspired.....Joe

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

CHA-CHING! Nice finds in such short time. How do you concentrate knowing you have to go to work? :'(

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

gregl01 said:
My darn kids!!!!! I'll send you my address ;D
Nice find
Greg

lol ;D
Good one Greg.

Thanks!
BDoo

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

That would make a great addition to anyones treasure in my book, I'd take it anyday too. You've obviously mastered the detector that you work with. Now your superior skills allow you to hunt in areas that others have already hunted and still be fruitful.

Thanks for sharing and HH.

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BDoo - Nice finds and great dialogue as always. That bracelet is spectacular.

HH

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

congrats for the bling bling.

Attachments

• 1132399687130.gif
    1132399687130.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,066

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BDoo: Congrats on the sweet bracelet and enjoyed the great story. Interesting crucifix....what does it say on the back? You inspire us all. :)

HH

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

DANGLANGLEY said:
Very nice finds. I'd be proud of that bracelet too!!!...It's amazing what you will find in the tot lots. I've had very good luck around them. I found my only silver dollar right in front of a swing set just barely under the grass. Must have been a show and tell and lost.

DANGLANGLEY

Got to love that.

I had a similar experience once last summer.
I found part of daddy's coin collection in a play area woodchips...
I WL Half, Washington, a couple Mercs, and a Roose, all silver, plus a "copy" of a large spanish gold coin. A once in a long time find for sure...you never know...dig everything in the chips!!

Thanks for the read and comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

vic910 said:
Great story and greater finds!!! Congrats!

vicki

Thanks a lot Vicki!! Glad you enjoyed. It's a blinger!

Smiles!
BDoo

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

I'd be happy with all those finds!

Hail the "King of Bling" !

Congratulations!!!! ;)

Ridley

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

jopher said:
Dude, I hope you've got a better safe this time!You have quite a pile-o-treasure building up.I was looking forward to getting in the water on Sunday and look for some treasure of my own and it friggin poured all day.3-1/4" on my rain guage from Saturday afternoon to Monday morn.(Sunday being my only day off).I did go out in the rain to two local tot lots, only to find they had been hit by a very thurough but sloppy MDer....left holes big enough to break a leg in.Congrats on your continued sucess...it at least keeps me inspired.....Joe

Thanks a lot my friend. Yes, they were whopper storms this weekend. We lost power for a little while and the lightning was hitting way to close. I could here it crackling and hissing. Lightning/thunder at the same time. Don't work to hard out there in the heat buddy, take care.

Cheers bro!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

finderzzs said:
CHA-CHING! Nice finds in such short time. How do you concentrate knowing you have to go to work? :'(

Thank you finderzzzs!!
Yep, the old trusty Garrett loves the woodchips and is a real jewelry finder... plus I work my bootie off out there...lol.

Well, I didn't "have" to go to work as I am in engineering, paid salary, so I was on OT (own time) but I am dealing with a Korean customer right now so getting info to them on Sunday our time was critical not to "loose" a day as they are 14 hours ahead of us here. Doing all this work on the weekend is making my days easier this week.

I was out at the crack of dawn, and good thing too with the way the rains came. With my schedule at home and work, I am just happy to get out at all.

Good luck to you!

Smiles!
BDoo

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe

50 RINGS !!!!! :o :o

I just got my first over the weekend.

I think I have a new hero.

Ima

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bdoo,
Some beautiful looking jewelry! That bracelet looks great. Looks like another fine haul.
Way to go!!!
-MM-

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wow, very cool bracelet

HH
-GC

R

RUDY2003

Fantastic diggin BDOO!!! I hit the swings myself first thing but with my standard coil i couldn't get close enough, but last night I got my early Fathers day present, a Snioper Coil for my Ace. Can't wait till I get off of work today to try it out....

Keep safe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread