Nov 6, 2015
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre
Ace 350
T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the same place I hunted yesterday trying to get more familiar with my new detector and I found out if it says there is something there then you better dig because something will be there. Maybe not a banner day by more experienced detectorist standards but a great day for me. Every bullet and piece of lead pictured came out of it's own hole and that' a lot of holes for my out shape self. Luckily everything I found came within 40' of where I dug my first target so I didn't have to walk far just dig a lot. Something weird though, every time after I dug a piece of lead I would recheck the hole and every time my T2 would hit and read 98/99 on the meter and I never found anything else in any of the holes. Anyone have any ideas what could cause that? I spent a lot of time trying to find something else in my holes and finally learned that there just wasn't anything else there so if when I rechecked the hole it registered 98/99 I would just cover it back up and move on. I believe what I was finding are cavalry bullets but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm this? The thing that got me most excited though was the percussion cap. I would guess that there isn't many of these found, Any way I learned something and I found something so it was a great day.

2nd chickamauga.JPG

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread