Got an hour of hunting in while the black clouds loomed and hit gold!

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE
Got to my favorite park/soccer field for an hour. Black threatening clouds everywhere, but I managed a few finds before it let loose. 10k gold ring and a no date buffalo nickel. This same park has produced a 14k chain, 1865 two cent and 1934 buffalo over the last few years. I'm REALLY leaning towards the new 12 inch coil for the DFX, maybe check for the deeper stuff. Wife was upset I snuck out without her, until I showed her the ring. WOW, what a hobby... :O) HH dave.

Attachments

• finds 003 (Small).jpg
    finds 003 (Small).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 486
  • finds 004 (Small).jpg
    finds 004 (Small).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 489
  • finds 005 (Small).jpg
    finds 005 (Small).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 483
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really nice gold ring

HH
-GC

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
wish I had a park to run off to for a lil bit and pull out a gold ring....what a find..... congrats from the hillbilly capital of the world... Ohio......

Happy Huntin....

Randy

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Man, thanks for posting that ring. I love the way gold looks when it comes out of ground, Great.

HH

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Right before and after storms, that's one of the best times to detect. Electrical storms goof on my DFX's readings, but it finds more targets.

Congratulations on the gold!

Ridley

R

RUDY2003

Real nice gold ring Ddave. My parks here are really trashy but old. I don't think my Ace goes deep enough. Thinking maybe DXF in the future....
Keep safe...

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
Cools finds Dave. I myself was not as lucky as I did not start heading back until the storm was overhead. Hi, my name is Roy and I am a Detectorholic. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions