Bucket list silver bonanza!

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, ctx 3030, sdc 2300, Sovereign Gt, Excal 1000, x-terra 705, profind, propointer. Stealth 720i and 920ix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was gona wait a couple of days to post, but since im not gona make it back today might as well share a bucket list hunt i had yesterday from around 1:00-10 pm, had been a while since i hunted more than 4 hrs, i just lost track of time in the bonanza of treasure beeing scooped, if it wasnt for the tide i think i would still be there.
I was gona hunt lets call it X beach, but had to go a little further north to meet a business asociate, any ways, after busines was over went to nearest beach and had an epic hunt I may say the best hunt o my life, even though i didn't score gold i did manage a palladium ring, two silver rings and a silver bracelet, what made it epic was the amount of old coins i got and firsts. 1 walker, 2 standing liberty quarters, 1 barber quarter, 7 v nickels, 18 bufalos, 2 war nickels, 1 barber dime, 19 mercury dimes, 1 rosie, 1 indian, 48 wheat pennies, a nice fat pile of clad and some odds and ends. Including some old toys like a horse with a soldier and a very old toy plane. Ill post some close up pictures latter.
Finally i score some silver and on the beach, another hunter also got a Nice fat pile of silver coins a gold ring and old 1935 id gold bracelet on one of my holes i did not recheck.
This particular beach was striped down to a false bedrock in some areas and thats where the treasure was and is waiting for who ever goes back today. The other hunters said it had been a couple of years of this type of erosion.
All of those coins except for the wheats, war nickel and rosie where firsts for me.
Any advice on how to clean the coins.
Iil post some better pictures once i clean up the coins.

A better picture

584c46092dc9248b57f6914425d05c18_zpsc258osr6.jpg

542f29bcfa0779e541c3dd79d21e772b_zpsku5jqa0s.jpg

f187b7f6fc56482fdded32de6dc6081f_zpsllvpxyoz.jpg
[/QUOTE]

01a07a9d6e654e8e41ae2aab0fc973c6_zps00fpsonr.jpg

f2f811eecd891b92cc1b706e1d1352ce_zpsq6jndibn.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 19

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that's a treasure chest of finds,,, Congrats on a dream hunt.

I clean my silver coins by wetting them, sprinkle some baking soda on them and gently rub between 2 fingers. My silver coins come from soil. Salt water will turn silver black. I always check for key dates before cleaning. A lot of people frown on cleaning coins. Sooooo,,, clean at your own risk.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats, you killed it today, :occasion14: Which items were on your bucket list? :dontknow:

OP
OP
procali

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, ctx 3030, sdc 2300, Sovereign Gt, Excal 1000, x-terra 705, profind, propointer. Stealth 720i and 920ix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The walker, stander, barbers, mercs, bufalos and v nickels. Those are scratched off, i was shure i was gona get a morgan or peace, those will have to wait for tomorrow that is if theother humters dont clean it out tonight.

OP
OP
procali

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think it makes a diference, from dirt i would leave em as is, but these babies are practically shot, some of the wheats are razor thin, but ok, ill try to make out the dates before cleaning them.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am left speechless with the amount of keepers found! Congratualtions! :occasion14:

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm speechless. Can i be your new best friend and tag along..jk Awesome job.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great totals, awesome hunt.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is WOW!!!!!! What a hunt!!!!!:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
procali

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what caused that kind of erosion ? wow
I think its called El Niño!
I am left speechless with the amount of keepers found! Congratualtions! :occasion14:
Thanks, when i got the first merc i was speechless also, from there on i was fist pumping and hooting till i got home.

I'm speechless. Can i be your new best friend and tag along..jk Awesome job.
Thanks, better book a flight fast i dont know how long conditions will last, o wait, its gona get better theres another swell
About to hit the coast from the same direction.
Great totals, awesome hunt.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!! What a hunt!!!!!:icon_thumleft:
Thanks, im going back tomorrow, hope its still on.

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man, that must've been FUN!

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Procali: Thanks for sharing your great finds.

against the wind: "Sooooo,,, clean at your own risk." Indeed!

Most of us M.D. to find treasure and most of the things we find are dirty, common items, like coins. Most are face value. But we hope for better and must take care to not "ALTER" any potential rare coin by cleaning.
If you ask a coin dealer most will tell you the safest way to get the dirt & crud without giving the coin that 'cleaned' look.

I hope that someone here can say Yea or Nay as far as Baking Soda is concerned.

I always confirmed that my finds had no extra book value by lightly dry brushing, with an old, soft toothbrush before scrubbing them for the bank or, if value is $100+ mailing them to a coin grader.

Have fun!

OP
OP
procali

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a haul!!!

Thanks, going back latter.

Man, that must've been FUN!
It was fun and body aching

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks for the reply

Procali: Thanks for sharing your great finds.

against the wind: "Sooooo,,, clean at your own risk." Indeed!

Most of us M.D. to find treasure and most of the things we find are dirty, common items, like coins. Most are face value. But we hope for better and must take care to not "ALTER" any potential rare coin by cleaning.
If you ask a coin dealer most will tell you the safest way to get the dirt & crud without giving the coin that 'cleaned' look.

I hope that someone here can say Yea or Nay as far as Baking Soda is concerned.

I always confirmed that my finds had no extra book value by lightly dry brushing, with an old, soft toothbrush before scrubbing them for the bank or, if value is $100+ mailing them to a coin grader.

Have fun!

Thanks for your reply, i really dont think there is any numismatic value to a coin thats all ready been tumbling in the ocean for a century, do you have an example that proves me wrong, just curious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread