Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Believe I found a site of an old railroad house. Coal everywhere and adjacent to a rail way. IMAG0532.jpg
Most of what I found this after appears turn of last century. The flat button, 50 & 60 cal. round balls probably a bit earlier.
They definitely liked hermonica' s.
The padlock is in great shape but can't find info on it. Any help would be appreciated.
IMAG0533.jpg
The letters on the keyhole cover are L N M Co.
Thanks for looking.

Upvote 11

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice if that's a Railroad lock they are highly collectible..:icon_thumright:

~Blaze~

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG RICK YOU HIT ON A GREAT SITE , NICE FINDS ...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs. You sure dug your share of harmonica reeds today. The most I have ever pulled in a single hunt was two pair.

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice group of stuff, loving the history! Great lock, still looking for an older one myself.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Some more history: According to Early Locks and Lockmakers of America by Thomas F. Hennesy, the Norwich Lock Company was formed in Norwich, Connecticut in 1865 and was reorganized in 1872 as the Norwich Lock Manufacturing Company (N.L.M. Co.). The N.L.M. Co. had an extensive line of Builders Hardware (mortise locks and associated items of door hardware) and a very large selection of padlocks, most of which were the wrought iron or smokehouse type. Many of these padlocks can be identified by the "N.L.M. Co." marking on the drops. The N.L.M. Co. remained in business until 1905.
Source:
http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/masonic_us_army_padlock.htm
Don.....

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking lock and a nice display item. Looking at the cloth of finds and the amount of reeds that you've recovered is large! Liking the two clutch/change purse frames also, it's too bad there wasn't a little coinage lost with them also.

BondJamesBond

Apr 4, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lock you have found cane be identified in the 1902 sears catalog. I have a copy of that catalog and in it is where I found the same lock as you have. unfortunately, like the catalogs most of us grew up with the some of the manufacturers for the products they sell are not provided. This lock is one of them. the one you have found is in better shape than the one I found. nice find.

Bond

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
That site deserves a lot more visits! The lock is really cool .. I love old locks. I agree with Loco's comments about the harmonica reeds. Now that you cleaned up the big stuff you can go back and get the coins and jewelry. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread