May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Now those are two very rare finds indeed. You must be in South Carolina? We would love to hear the story on these finds if you would be willing to share.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really respect the sentiment you expressed...and WOW. What a coin! Could you throw a few more details in for us spectators, just to round out the language for us to use in our banner voting? :occasion14:

Last edited:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Christ. As in Christmas. Wow. Ok I'm at a bar drinking but I'll make a sober comment tomorrow where I won't et myself in trouble.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Moly donut shop!!!!!!! Story Story...... CONGRATZ&HH....

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Uh, dang man. Thats a holy grail type find. At least some story please. I looked online and only ones I see came from the La Luz shipwreck. Thats most def banner.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh.....that's just insane

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is incredible! Banner!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
jefg231

jefg231

Jan 20, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Still in disbelief. And I think it is a cob not "cobb". My bad. Details....
At around 1:30 pm this afternoon I loaded my Minelab SovGT battery pack with fresh batteries. I must admit, I "mixed" with 4 energizers and 4 duracell red jobbers. The clips on the battery pack were broken but my back-up pack was at home. I slammed the battery pack into the machine and placed my ghetto headphones over my ears. Mosquitos swarmed and attacked me through the deet barrier that greased my body. Within 5 minutes I dug a target that sounded like a modern .22 caliber bullet. It was not. It was a shotgun shell. A few minutes later, a shell from a modern deer round.
My mind wandered as I adjusted my expectations from treasures to "just a great day outside".
The next target sounded like copper. Six inches later I held gold roundness in my hand. I remember thinking "wow, this is heavy". I looked down and saw those pillars. I had found silver before, but never gold. I knew.
I looked at both of my digging partners and said "oh s...". I said that several times.
We gathered around and hugged it out. All 3 of us happily married (to our wives). But one of those moments...
I never put the headphones back on, for that would be greedy. I walked around the woods digesting the event. Walking around in a state of excitement as well as a state of some sort of survivor's guilt. I got over that really quickly.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still in disbelief. And I think it is a cob not "cobb". My bad. Details....
At around 1:30 pm this afternoon I loaded my Minelab SovGT battery pack with fresh batteries. I must admit, I "mixed" with 4 energizers and 4 duracell red jobbers. The clips on the battery pack were broken but my back-up pack was at home. I slammed the battery pack into the machine and placed my ghetto headphones over my ears. Mosquitos swarmed and attacked me through the deet barrier that greased my body. Within 5 minutes I dug a target that sounded like a modern .22 caliber bullet. It was not. It was a shotgun shell. A few minutes later, a shell from a modern deer round.
My mind wandered as I adjusted my expectations from treasures to "just a great day outside".
The next target sounded like copper. Six inches later I held gold roundness in my hand. I remember thinking "wow, this is heavy". I looked down and saw those pillars. I had found silver before, but never gold. I knew.
I looked at both of my digging partners and said "oh s...". I said that several times.
We gathered around and hugged it out. All 3 of us happily married (to our wives). But one of those moments...
I never put the headphones back on, for that would be greedy. I walked around the woods digesting the event. Walking around in a state of excitement as well as a state of some sort of survivor's guilt. I got over that really quickly.

Aaaaand...banner vote in. Nice narrative. You seem like a good egg! I'm happy for you, and hope to see this up top in less than 24 hours. What a feast for the eyes.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jefg231, where was it found ? State?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions