Closing out 2015 with awesome Gold, Relics, Silver, and 250year old colonial!

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well 2015 was Definately one for the record books for me, last 5 hunts at properties I have revisited due to getting a new 5x8 coil for my at pro have proven that there's still treasures to be found once you slow it down, especially after the rains and one virgin site that was built in the 1940s also proved to be a huge hit after scanning around what looked to be an old clothesline area scored me 5 silvers!! In my last 5 hunts I have found silvers, 1800's GOLD pocket watch, crotal bell, gun?, silver thimble, 1800s cuff link with guilt and fob, buttons, IH pennies, silver religious charm, wheats, some awesome relics and tools left behind under an 1800s barn that was left to crumble to the ground and a 1739 KG II half penny (a first for me) but my second trip to the 1700s this year!! Even found an early 1900s condom case haha! Looks like I'll be heading for the wagon trails where the ground should stay soft for another few weeks. Enjoy the many pictures of my marathon run finds!! HH and happy new year!!:headbang:
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    964.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Upvote 13

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You just about covered it all with that assortment. The 3 Merry's tin is from the early 1900-1930's popular in the 1920's.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had 5 great hunts. Thanks for sharing, I wish my gold pocket watch was as big as yours.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great array of finds. I am really liking the badge, fob & crotal bell type stuff.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice assortment of finds. I wouldn't bank on the watch being gold. More likely gold filled.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds bigmike! Is that gold watch solid gold? Are there hallmarks? It's gorgeous! I also like the French Art Nouveau fob thing.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pile of goodies there Mike:headbang:
Now what you might have there is a complete boot pistol..If so that is a banner find..We see a few barrels but i never seen a complete one
So on that note don't clean it until you get some expert advice.

~Blaze~

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Could be real early looks to be a percussion one is there a screw hole on the opposite side?I see iron on top that is a good sign..
I see some design on yours you can probably nail it.
~Blaze~

Attachments

• percussion-single-shot-boot-pistol (6).jpg
    percussion-single-shot-boot-pistol (6).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 78

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you can pop the back off that pocket watch? It looks like a lot like a Waltham one I have that was my Grandfathers. The inside back cover and housing should have info. Mine is gold filled and I registered the serial number, it also proved to be inscribed with the date it was given and my Grampa's name.

OP
OP
B

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for all the awesome info, I hope the gun is what your thinking Johnny! Just not sure how to tell it's so old! Came from a 1700s house site I hit again, as for the watch I'm pretty sure it's gold filled and it's a Waltham it does have a serial number on the inside I would love to find out who owned it! I'm gonna put a few more close up pics of the gun very shortly!

OP
OP
B

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Also found this I think it's a brass piece to a horses reign:
image.jpg

The inside of the backing to the pocket watch says "Plymouth gold filled" :BangHead: haha it's ok Gold is gold and recovering it from the ground to be appreciated is where the value is. I'm trying to read the serial number but it's pretty corroded I'm gonna grab my magnifier and see if I can see it. Thanks again pals!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pic after pic after pic of great relics and who doesn't like a colonial coin? Congrats on a special year for you and hope the next is as eventful.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys for all the awesome info, I hope the gun is what your thinking Johnny! Just not sure how to tell it's so old! Came from a 1700s house site I hit again, as for the watch I'm pretty sure it's gold filled and it's a Waltham it does have a serial number on the inside I would love to find out who owned it! I'm gonna put a few more close up pics of the gun very shortly!
Hey still no picture of the right side eh:laughing7:
I was also thinking cap gun but i think it's a boot pistol..Could have a bullet in it..If it's heavy thick iron cast most likely a boot pistol..Electrolysis would be the way to go in cleaning it.

~Blaze~

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
It may be a
Belgium Hidden trigger Percussion, Boot Pistol.1820