timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone else bags silver and what do I get? Clad...... The excitement was there for only a second...... Still fun just like digging in the ground, never know what's going to turn up.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451713020.795276.jpg

Upvote 7

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well, its .42 cents more than before you looked in the change return !

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey it's free money and on the bright side you don't have to scrape gum off them :)
Kyle-

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just keep looking. Over the past 15 years I've probably found at least 25 silver coins and a bunch of foreign coins in CoinStar machines. That doesn't sound that great but I didn't exactly work for them.

I found 7 of those silver ones since last summer but some were found in an unusual situation when I accidentally jammed the machine with a 12 gauge shell cap that was mixed in my clad bag. (don't forget that because it will get them to open up the machine and if you can schmooze a little, you might walk away with some good coins).
But just keep looking and when you least expect it you may get a nice surprise.

The only thing that bugs me (a little) are the funny looks I sometimes get when I pull those coins out. I think many people assume you must be broke or poor if they see you scrounging for coins, even with a metal detector.
Then again, I don't ever let it stop me. There's too much treasure out there to let a little embarrassment get in the way.

Anyway, better luck next time.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread