Pewter US button(1808-1830), Pewter Infantry(1812-1815), Rare Pewter OffIcer

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't done with the title but ran out of room. I also dug a gorgeous script RA button(1811-1813) and an 1818 Large Cent.
Wow what an insane day! I went to the site I was at the other day. I took a snow shovel and removed snow from 20X20' sections and gridded em out. It worked awesome and was super easy to know where you'd swung. This site lit up. I dug 3 pewter so but could only see a design on one. I dud the large cent from under a dead tree that I moved. I continued to try to detect the eroded banks as well and took several falls. One of these falls almost cost me my eye when a broken off limb hit me in the face about a half inch from my eyeball and another stuck me in the neck. After one such fall I said to hell with it and decided to swing down in the rocks on the waters edge. That's where the nice looking RA button was found.
When I got home and started cleaning up the pewter so was shocked that all 3 had something on them. One I believe may be very rare but I could be wrong. It's folded badly but I can see the eagle with stars. I believe it may be an Infantry officer button. The confirmed buttons are a Pewter US general service from 1808-1830. A beautiful Pewter Infantry button(1812-1815), and the Regiment of Artillerists(1811-1813). I am so damn psyched about these buttons and the condition is amazing for pewter. Also dug a tiny little buckle looking thing with designs on it. Now for some food and rest 8-)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is the one that could be a very rare bird....eagle to be exact lol. I know it's hard to tell but I think it may be the one I'm showing from the Alberts book.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 33

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, getting out the snow shovel!, that's dedication, but with find like those I see why!, great buttons abe, the lc ain't too shabby either!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know what you have there Abe, but it definitely looks like you've stumbled across an early camp. Very nice buttons, especially the RA, and hope you can properly ID that one example. Nice job on the ground prep too.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTF!

Ok, who are you, and what have you done with Abe?

Please answer your secret question to prove it is you.... How many spaghetti stains on Vino's shirt the last time he hunted.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you killed it on that hunt buddy!...If that is an indication of what 2016 is going to be for you then I can't wait to see the rest of this years hunts

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! An insane day for sure!! Awesome buttons! Super huge congrats on some great recoveries!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Aww yeah!! Abe the indomitable snow man!!!

You probably looked like this today....

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451866847.673483.jpg

And when you found the pewter buttons... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451866870.266202.jpg

I'm glad it paid off big time and I think you're onto something with that eagle button. The Regiment artillerists button is amazing and did you know George and I both have 2nd Reg Artillerists buttons (#33 in that book next to yours).

Congrats on a killer day and a button day for the books. IP may even be impressed;)

Steve

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Abe,

Great finds for your efforts....me thinks IP is just a tad jealous....lol..

Regards + HH

Bill

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HARDCORE hunting Abe! You freaken shoveled the snow to get to the dirt and you deserve every one of these incredible finds. I'm glad you fell down the hill and got the RA button with a perfect patina on it. Ha. Fantastic hunt with lots of keepers man. Glad you got out and started 2016 off right. :thumbsup:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your button can't be GI 27 B if it's pewter. That one I'm pretty sure would be silver or gold plate, and it says 1 piece, which would not have to be started for a cast pewter. So it's something else that looks similar.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe,

Great finds for your efforts....me thinks IP is just a tad jealous....lol..

Regards + HH

Bill

No, it's just that he has a 4 month head start on me.... again! But this time it scares me because he's clued in not to waste so much time chasing tree coins.

That RA is very nice!

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Whoa bud. Thats some great stuff I wish we had around here. Don't knows much about them but the RA button is particularly fricken beautiful.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so im sitting at my print table trying to get back to the work thing. Bidding on this nice job that takes everything I got.
I get a text of a beautiful RA button!! Then a phone call telling me he almost lost a eye!!
Well the blue prints went by the waste side and I was thinking of USA buttons!! Lol
Then I get a call saying I found a US button..
Man Abe, what a hunt!!
There the sites we've been wanting.. Wait till you can actually swing there???
I definitely see the eagle and stars.. And the condition is great for being in saltwater.
Pound that site Brother..
Its the right time frame for Chain cents and early American silver!!!!
IP is right about this year for you..
Alright back to work now!!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTF!

Ok, who are you, and what have you done with Abe?

Please answer your secret question to prove it is you.... How many spaghetti stains on Vino's shirt the last time he hunted.

We call it Gravy stains were I come from!!! Lol

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
No, it's just that he has a 4 month head start on me.... again! But this time it scares me because he's clued in not to waste so much time chasing tree coins.

That RA is very nice!

Ruh Roh!! You can really see a man shake when he's wearing leotards. Lol. All in good fun IP

Nice finds again Abe

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Pretty great hunt there!
I have a bit of a feeling I'd need a whole lot more than a snow shovel to get a find these days, not like you!

If all else fails, the waters edge might be a place to pay attention to, it treated you you well!
Be careful out there, although detecting isn't a contact sport( yet), you can still get hurt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread