First gold ring of 2016 found and retuned

JamesR1964

Jul 11, 2015
Eastern Long Island NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Radio shack special, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Treasure Master, Garret Carrot pro pointer. Whites V3i added 11/3/15Whites Surf Dual Field PI added 5/5/16 - 2/17 Etrac added 11/16 Whites Beach Hunter 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my brothers and sisters. Hit the beach this morning with the V3i and found the usual bottle caps, beaver taill,trash and a few bits of clad. Nothing to right home about. Thinking when I'm going to hit gold for the new year? As I was heading to the car a LEO was in the parking lot. I guess reflecting on the most recent ticket he just gave to a lucky winner. As I get to my car he turns around pulls up and gets out and says " hey can that thing find gold rings?"
I say it does if I put it over one. He is a friend that I've known for a long time and said he didn't know I had a metal detector. I guess he not looking to be a detective anytime soon. So he tells me his mom lost her wedding ring in his back yard in the woods and could I see if I can find it. He gives me an idea of where it could be and gets a call. He said he would meet me at his house after his call.
I head over to his house,start searching the place he said it could be. I'm there less then 5 minutes. "Bam" solid hit. I break out the garret carrot and there she is. With ring in hand I head back to my car and wait for my friend in blue. He arrives a few minutes later. Gets out of his car and starts to say she was over here where I think she thinks she lost it. I say does it look like this? With it on my pinky. He can't be leave I found it.
With in a short time his step dad arrives and I hand him the ring. Of course he try's to give me some money. Me not working at this time, could sure use some extra cash. But I denied it anyway. My friend hands me one of his PBA cards that I gladly except. What a feeling I tell you:icon_thumleft: Although I didn't get to keep the ring. I sure hope the metal detector gods will shine on me in some other way. What a awesome hobby,,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    841.3 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 17

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work, that is a great find. Good on ya for the return.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma always come back around!

(She's kinda hot too... Karmaaaaa)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can't replace the feeling you get when doing a good deed without a reward. I am a firm believer that what goes around, comes around. You have banked some good karma. I vote honorable mention/

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
James,

Good score on finding and returning the ring....I hope you land back on your feet shortly work wise.

Regards + HH

Bill

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always love hearing about the returns!! Great Job! - I'd buy ya a beer if I lived closer........:occasion14:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This deed should earn you an "honorable mention".... Congratulations on a job well done.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma will definitely shine on you in some way. I believe in that very strongly. Too bad we can't always tell how or when...

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work! You make a good name for yourself and all of us! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great return! I would like to have seen the look on his face when you had it already, priceless!
Congrats

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful good deed. Congrats on your future hunting grounds. Rewards all around.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great I've tried to find the owner of a couple of rings with no success it must be a great feeling well done

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell your friend in blue to tell his buddies to cut us some slack. When it benefits them oh sure its ok. Were not evil criminals we just have MD fever.

OP
OP
J

JamesR1964

Jul 11, 2015
Eastern Long Island NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Radio shack special, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Treasure Master, Garret Carrot pro pointer. Whites V3i added 11/3/15Whites Surf Dual Field PI added 5/5/16 - 2/17 Etrac added 11/16 Whites Beach Hunter 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the positive comments. I gave the ring to the owners husband and didn't think to take a picture. The picture is of the ring while I was waiting for my friend. A PBA card stands for Police Benevolent Association. It's the union that the police belong to. Most Police accross the country are in them. It's a card that has the offices name and shield number on it. They put the name on the back of the card who is the person receiving it. So if I were in another county or state and were to do something wrong. Like speeding, or failing to make a complete stop at a stop sign and was to be stopped. If it were to be handed the correct way to the police officer stopping you. He or she could or mite just give a you a warning instead of a ticket. Not always. The corvette is a 2004. One of my bucket lists is to find and old class ring or any ring that I'm able to return. I'll be sure to remember to take a picture for those who need to see the proof!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread