found my oldest coin today....

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Shut up Spotz! ;D she doesn't need encouragement.lol.she means she found a large cent date 1830's.I think i'll take my detector and go home and pout! wasn't expecting a large cent here in indy.sweet find not great condition but i don't care. awesome find knorrski!!maybe i can beat lowbatts sunday!lol

bigrig

OP
OP
knorrski

knorrski

Feb 21, 2005
Indiana
Re: found my oldest coin today....the pic is in

Here is the pic I think its either a 1856 or 1836 its hard to read date you can tell by the pic..Knorrski

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 322

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Knorrski! I'm jealous myself, but noe that I have my new Garrett, I'll have some pics to post soon, too! Good luck, HH!

OP
OP
knorrski

knorrski

Feb 21, 2005
Indiana
Here is a better pic I hope *Knorrski*

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 299
  • lastscan.jpg
    lastscan.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 328

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Awesome digs Knorrski. I know we'll have to handicap Bigrig because of his age and all now, but we look forward to checking that neck of the woods with ya! Go ahead and leave a few of the mem cents in the ground for the birthday boy!

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
im used to getting dogged here at home.but not state to state!i feel like the rodney dangerfield of detecting! ;D

bigrig

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Don't sweat it Bigrig! I'm still on your side! I know you are just holding back to boost her confidence! ;) right?..well?..that's it isn't it? Anyway congrats knorrski! 8)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey bigrig"i get no detect,around here" ;D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Recently met one of your fellow Hoosiers who works up this way occaisonally. A great detectorist who hit the oldest park in town here, one I've worked frequently though apparently not thouroughly. He found a '38 LC there during some drive-by detecting. Yeeks, I've gotta come down there and make amends. Get some Indy air or water or something. Well there's Dekalb33 and his better half, Target and myself all coming down for some therapy tomorrow. So have fun and stay up late, imbibe yourself mightily! Either we'll need the handicap or the luck, you guys have been doing great Bigrig and Knorrski!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nice find, knorrski! Jealous is the word I'm looking for, only large cent I've found was one that some kid put on the railroad tracks-started out as memorial and ended up quarter sized. HH and keep bigrig jumpin'

OP
OP
knorrski

knorrski

Feb 21, 2005
Indiana
Tell ya what guys at first I didn't know what it was I thought it was a token so when I bought it home look at it better and I almost sh-t myself LOL...*knorrski*

J

Jim Cal

Knorrski, Super find! We're not hearing too much out of Big Rig are we? Jim Cal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions