ARK. CW Hunt-Brass Buttplate, Union Staff Officers & Eagle "I" buttons, & More-VIDEO

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ARK. CW Hunt-Brass Buttplate, Union Staff Officer's & Eagle "I" buttons, & More-VIDEO

With Tenn. Josh facing a heavy work schedule for a while, Dman (Doug) and I loaded my truck in middle Tennessee and headed west toward Arkansas to meet our Oklahoma friends veteran hunter John Freeman, John jr. (J.J.), Terry Stewart, & our new friend Greg Wicks for a U.S. camp hunt in that state.
Following a 7 hour drive, we met our Okie friends at our hotel and set out to hunt a couple of hours at the site that was one of the toughest to hunt I have ever hunted as shown in the pic We got in 3 hours of hunting before the light failed. We returned & hunted 6 hours on Sunday. Greg had the best find with the brass rifle buttplate with the iron screws still attached. John had the only buttons with a coat size Union Staff Officer’s button & cuff size Eagle “I”. He used his old Fisher Coin strike to find them in a trashy area. We dug a variety of bullets including .54 & .58 cal. 3 ringers, 2 types of Sharps, one Gallaher, tear drop pistol bullets, etc.
We had a great time hunting & visiting with our friends. HH from John, J.J. Terry, Greg, Doug, & Q.

Attachments

• DSCN1821 (800x596).jpg
    DSCN1821 (800x596).jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN1814.JPG
    DSCN1814.JPG
    776.9 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN1825 (800x560).jpg
    DSCN1825 (800x560).jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN1823 (800x555).jpg
    DSCN1823 (800x555).jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN1826 (532x800).jpg
    DSCN1826 (532x800).jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 17

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt Y'all...
Nice Finds.

What's up with that "Clear Cut".... New Wal-Mart ?

Bet that was a Tough Hunt , Limbs everywhere , Water Holes , & Flattened Saplings to dig through.

Surprised to see no Scuffed Faces , I always fall at-least once on sites like that, every time lifting my detector up & landing on my face.
Enjoyed the Video
Davers

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt Y'all...
Nice Finds.

What's up with that "Clear Cut".... New Wal-Mart ?

Bet that was a Tough Hunt , Limbs everywhere , Water Holes , & Flattened Saplings to dig through.

Surprised to see no Scuffed Faces , I always fall at-least once on sites like that, every time lifting my detector up & landing on my face.
Enjoyed the Video
Davers
You had to watch your step D!! I didn't fall but if I had not had all the moves of a jungle cat, I would have. Doug said he thought he had broken his ankle one time-LOL. It's amazing we found anything-ground was covered with debris and/or water. Thanks & HH, Q.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough looking site but you guys pulled some nice things out. Great video and adventure Quindy. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. I bet there is a ton of stuff there just hard to get to. Have a great year and look forward to the hunts to come!
HH

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyed the video as always Q.Man it looks like you guys where having some fun!Nice finds,I am gonna have to start doing a little trukin myself one of these days hunting different places.Good stuff!

Last edited:
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tough looking site but you guys pulled some nice things out. Great video and adventure Quindy. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. I bet there is a ton of stuff there just hard to get to. Have a great year and look forward to the hunts to come!
HH
Richard, I have a Native american question for you. John said he was told there was a big Native American site camped along the creek there. There was a lot of white quartz pieces on top of the ground. I brought several chunks home. Was Quartz native to Central AR? We thought it was possibly brought in from other areas. Thanks, Q.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you stop at Loretta Lynn's Kitchen on the way to Arkansas? I used to like the food there. Been several years now though since I was there. Looks like a good time. I see Dman is spending retirement wisely!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety of CW relics that you guys were able to recover. I might have to head south soon. We're frozen solid up here now.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Richard, I have a Native american question for you. John said he was told there was a big Native American site camped along the creek there. There was a lot of white quartz pieces on top of the ground. I brought several chunks home. Was Quartz native to Central AR? We thought it was possibly brought in from other areas. Thanks, Q.

Good question. The only place that produces better quartz than Arkansas is Brazil. Arkansas in known for its high quality quartz and used in gem stones. It is often hard to tell if quartz has been worked but am sure that early man made use of the material if it was actually a site. Here I associate quartz with our gold belt which I am right outside of so when I find it in artifact form I know it traveled in trade. Finding worked flint/chert first is key. You are a veteran collector of artifacts and relics!
Enjoyed the video Q.

Quartz Crystals - Arkansas Quartz - Crystal Mines - Arkansas Crystals

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Good job on the video Quindy. Good to see you guys all hunting together.....even DMan! That place looked rougher than a cob, hard to find anything in a place like that but you guys did! Congrats on another good hunt....hope to see you soon.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you stop at Loretta Lynn's Kitchen on the way to Arkansas? I used to like the food there. Been several years now though since I was there. Looks like a good time. I see Dman is spending retirement wisely!
Didn't stop on the way back OD but we did fill up with gas at the Hurricane Mills exit not far from her ranch. HH, Q.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH me..that site looks like a bugger to hunt, but wow did you all find some great keepers! I especially like the poker chip. Glad ya'll made it there and back before the snowy weather starts.
WTG on the finds!
Nana

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, good finds, and I have to compliment the choice of soundtrack for the video! Arkansas is still on my list as a state I'd like to swing a detector in one day. I've driven across the border headed north from Louisiana several times for work.

Congrats,

Buck

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A to of time is in the Videos. I always like the music he picks or the prints he shows/

chrisdigs

Oct 1, 2015
Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro,Garrett At MAX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome finds in a rough looking spot, enjoyed the video,thanks for sharing[emoji106]

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a nice hunt & a great time with friends. Enjoyed the video Quindy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions