Couple days in the wood chips

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hello fellow detectors,

Worked myself nearly to death the last couple days...ie Dug 99 pennies today along with 7 quarters, 20 dimes, and 16 nickels. Yesterday I found a 2000 Kennedy half, 4 quarters, 7 dimes, 9 nickels and 47 pennies. I included the day before's finds (only an hour or so) 4 quarters, 1 dime, 1 nickel and 4 pennies. I didn't bother taking a picture of the 150 pennies. One of the nickels was a 1963 and the other a 1964...also included a Canadian quarter it's a 1964 also, I don't know when Canada stopped making silver nickels.

The Kennedy showed as a quarter on the M6 and was under about 3 inches of chips. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled that out of the ground. The last two days I hit parks and schools I'd never hit before. Had to force myself to quit tonight at 8:25...rushed to finish the school playground...I know I missed more pennies (LOL). It was very hard to pass the church playground right down the street from the school I just deserted but I managed.

On the way home I counted 11 deer before I got within a mile of my house. Then I counted several more in the field down the road, glanced down and to my left at a dead possum, turned back to the front and had to slam the brakes on to avoid hitting a huge doe standing in the middle of my lane. Missed her but all my stuff ended up on the floor and I'm sure the M6 and all my equipment in the trunk is all jammed forward!

The picture with the trinkets...they are just that, nothing of much value. The wife claimed the locket so I took the clasp off another one and fixed it for her. She was very patient waiting for me to take it's picture. LOL ;D

Happy hunting all.

Happy hunting all.

Attachments

• Coins6-09.jpg
    Coins6-09.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 587
  • Coins6-09a.jpg
    Coins6-09a.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 594
  • Coins6-09b.jpg
    Coins6-09b.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 589
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
put the nickel next to a magnet to see if it is silver, nice finds

HH
-GC

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
A lot of nice finds Bob. The leatherman tool is a great find, those cost some bucks, congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prober,
Great hunt. I love seeing the assortments that come off of playgrounds.
Those deer can be a scary thing. My Dad lives in Indiana, and has nailed a few. I hit one up there on vacation. My wife topped me though. She nailed a black bear last summer in Virginia going about 65mph. It came out on the highway at 3:00 in the afternoon. Needless to say, our van did not come out of the hit too well. ;D
Neat post.
Thanks,
MM

Kiko68

Mar 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
ACE 150
Very Nice Hunts Prober! Don't want this to be a kind of "bummer" post, but The Canadian Mint Stopped making Canadian Nickels with any silver in them y 1921, when they started to produce them in actual Nickel ;) Sorry, for the news, but that shouldn't take away from your great hunts! Here's a link to the melt value of Canadian coins, and their silver years :)

http://www.coinflation.com/canada/

Great Hunts! Kiko

OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
ModernMiner said:
Prober,
Great hunt. I love seeing the assortments that come off of playgrounds.
Those deer can be a scary thing. My Dad lives in Indiana, and has nailed a few. I hit one up there on vacation. My wife topped me though. She nailed a black bear last summer in Virginia going about 65mph. It came out on the highway at 3:00 in the afternoon. Needless to say, our van did not come out of the hit too well. ;D
Neat post.
Thanks,
MM

I'll bet your van wouldn't come out too well! At least she didn't get hurt. I've hit two deer so far, both within 3 months of buying my car, no sooner got it back from the shop then another one ran into the side (both of them ran into the same side). I'm hoping for a right side hit so I can get the right side repainted. LOL

jocap

Mar 8, 2007
NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, nice stuff!

R

RUDY2003

Wow prober you were movin! Love the little red heart.
You really cleaned up on the coins!!!!
Great post and nice pile....

Keep safe....

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a heap of coinage, Prober! WTG I like the little red locket too....I can see why your wife claimed it. And the Leatherman tool is cool. Keep digging!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread