Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Embarassed to post finds Im lucky to find silver let alone any of these kinds of daily finds Makes me wonder what Im doing wrong example Todays post went out for 2 hrs found 3 diamond rings 2 morgans and Enilia Earhards propeller.went to the beach found some gold coins from a 1700s galleon Blackbeards sword and Jimmy hoffas wallet. went to old farm property 3 coins from 1422 paul Revers tennis shoe and a Meteorite went out for lunch break found platinum diamond ring 7 military buttons and a Waltham gold watch and lincolns wooden tooth.I know Ann Arbor does not have a lot of history . Im glad for peoples finds Amazing stuff just venting.Went out today after winter freeze finally 45 degrees hiked to my spot broke my little shovel on the frozen ground ehhhhH

Last edited:
Upvote 20

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey imagine living in the foothills of the Ozarks, I haven't found much more than glass and rocks this month. I am no greeny but I take most of what I dig, it's like volunteer work cleaning up trash and getting exercise in the process. *Perspective*

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks not trying to complain It justs amazes me I put in many hours and lots of research not much history here is all .To see the finds in here people make dialy blows my mind

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
confused.gif

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time_talent_treasure.jpg I almost gave up after my first year -1975
same thing - guys were killing it all around and Id be lucky to find one dime
2nd year I really learned my machine and started making some good finds where I could stand with the big boys
look at me now
https://www.flickr.com/photos/casper-1/
and that's just a sample from the last 15 yrs mostly - been doing it for 40 yrs now
some of these might help you others may inspire
https://www.flickr.com/photos/casper-2/

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I almost gave up too. I'm not patient. You'll find a hot spot. What detector do you use??

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Thanks I needed that appreciate it sometimes that's all it takes Thanks Tommy

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I At the at pro attack coil hundreds of hours on it I fimd silver coins tons of clad some rings here and there, just a bad day stuck inside for the freeze went to my site and digging tool broke on frozen dirt ect I do find decent stuff it just amazes me the stuff people find in one hunt your right finding the hot spot is key

Last edited:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Casper is right, you need time and a lot of luck.

You can have the best high end detector, decades of experience...if you have nothing of interest under your coil...there is no miracle.

Behind all those finds, you have Years of detection finding nothing but crap.

I can't remeber the number of times I have carry all my scuba equipment, spent gas for the boat, time to wash everything when back home..... for a few sinkers....

Keep faith, we are facing the same.... it is just reallity :-) "can.t win to the lottery every day"

Last edited:

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks not trying to complain It justs amazes me I put in many hours and lots of research not much history here is all .To see the finds in here people make dialy blows my mind

Wiki:
The original founders were John Allen from Virginia and Elisha Rumsey from New York. On May 25, 1824, the town plat was registered with Wayne County as "Annarbour"; this represents the earliest known use of the town's name.[1]

Their wives' names were both Ann (in the latter case, either Ann Rumsey or Ana Rumsey, depending on the text consulted). One account states that Allen and Rumsey decided to name the settlement "Annarbour", for their spouses (after discarding the alternative names Allensville and Anapolis) and for the stands of bur oak in the 640 acres (2.6 km²) of land they had purchased for US$800 from the federal government.[2] The Native Americans of the region knew the settlement as Kaw-goosh-kaw-nick, after the sound of Allen's grist mill.

Rumsey died in 1827; Allen eventually became the town's postmaster, newspaper publisher, village president, and all-around promoter.

Looks to me like there's plenty of "history" around you, seeing as how AA was founded nearly 200 years ago. Is it "not much history here is all" as you claim, or you just haven't looked hard enough? Spend more time learning how to research (and researching) would be my suggestion.

If you're judging your finds against those of others, you're going to be disappointed a lot. Your "running total" in your profile shows you've found roughly 2000 coins (many being older ones), plus jewelry and other items. You think there aren't those here who wish they were doing as good as you?

Be glad you woke-up above the dirt, can hear the alarm go off, see to get dressed and the sun rise, and have 2 arms and legs to detect with. I'm sure there are others who'd swap places with you in a second.

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not all about the finds. Just the trill of the hunt is enough sometimes. Put the time in research and swinging and the good stuff will come. It's not a hobby for the impatient.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some days I get the gold mine, sometime just the ride in the car.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My first year didn't go so well. One day in the woods I was seriously considering laying my detector on the ground and walking away. I was literally a hair away from leaving and no, I'm not kidding. For me it used to be an emotional hobby - but concluded we don't find stuff a lot more than we do find stuff on hunts. The gap between beginning and the first killer find is the toughest. My favorite tip is to look for "old dirt'. Literally, patchy grass and undisturbed ground.

Keep at it. A little more luck and time should put something real sweet in your hands. And not for nothing - you better be sure to post it on T-net!

Hang in there and good luck,

Steve

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hang in there bud...
and in your spare time, you can take up coin roll hunting... almost no competition.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may not help much but is true. It took me about 20 years to know what I was doing, but I was self taught with no internet. So there is your clue.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I At the at pro attack coil hundreds of hours on it I fimd silver coins tons of clad some rings here and there, just a bad day stuck inside for the freeze went to my site and digging tool broke on frozen dirt ect I do find decent stuff it just amazes me the stuff people find in one hunt your right finding the hot spot is key

I grew up in Michigan. You have cabin fever. Only cure is to head south or west immediately. Today.

Go blue.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try not to think so hard. That's when it happens for me. Just be glad you're digging and the finds are a bonus. What's the old saying..... A bad day detecting beat's the hell out of work! Lol

HH, Relic Nut

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That does make for a bad day breaking your digger:laughing7:I've been there.Location is a big part of the hobby,but there should be something to find in most places.Hang in there, it will come along.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A2coins never give up, because you never know what tomorrow holds! Its the thrill of the hunt that keeps us going. You never know what the next signal maybe.
You complain about your finds, have you checked mine out lately? .....nada, unless you count the 3 empty plastic Easter eggs I found while looking for something else today! The weather has cooperated but I just haven't made it out detecting in 3 weeks!
Go for it!!!
I really appreaciated others posting their finds, regardless of what they are because it gives me hope...I too will get out one day, and battle thru the pop tops, can slaw, and metal debrie and maybe, just maybe...make the find of a life time! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread