Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yesterday Basher and I took fellow T-netter Captain Caveman to the Half-dime field, and although we tried, we did not find much.
It was good company, and it was finally nice to meet you Jason. :blackbeard: Sorry we didn't find much, but there is always next time.
I haven't posted much lately. Seems all of our old permissions have dried up, and are not producing like they used to.
Today me and my hunting buddy did some riding and looking for new spots.
We settled for an older school that had been demolished with the hopes of finding some/any silver to end our 2016 drought.
It was slow at first, but I found one area near a large live oak where I started finding back to back wheat pennies, a neat sterling cub scouts ring, and a strange enameled pendant with clover-like designs inside of 2 flags. (any ideas on what this pendant might stand for??):icon_scratch:
I must have dug a dozen Wheaties within 20 minutes or so, along with the other 2 items mentioned.
I really thought I was about to dig a silver coin here, and just as quickly as it turned on, it turned back off.
20 minutes or so later I dug a shallow MS tax token, and a few more Wheaties in a different area.
We moved to another location as the school site had a lot of gravel, and we were tired of digging through gravel, and clay in order to get to the black dirt.
We probably should have stayed at the school site and ended the day there, as we found nothing else at our last destination.
When I got home I counted 15 wheat pennies from the school site. The big surprise was one of the Wheaties turned out to be a 1906 IHP after a little cleaning.
So even though I didn't get that silver coin today. I did manage to get a nice silver ring. Too bad its a size 5.

Attachments

• P1310001.JPG
    P1310001.JPG
    465.6 KB · Views: 111
  • P1310002.JPG
    P1310002.JPG
    329 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Upvote 13

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratz on on few great finds! I love that ring and IHP! But, the MS Sales Tax Token is the best looking dug one I've ever seen! That thing is immaculate!

I wanted to thank you again for taking me hunting this weekend! I had a blast!
Thanks for the congratz.
I'm really liking the ring too.
That token is in pretty decent shape for being aluminum. One of my better ones for sure.
Glad you had a good time Saturday. Maybe next time we can try the school.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice scout ring and tax token

Top Member Reactions