Mid Winter Clad P0Rn

pepperdawg

Dec 25, 2014
North-Central CT
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO; Garrett-Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Extremely warm weather here in New England - mid 50's last day of January.

Hit up a local Middle School - grabbed 35 clad totaling $3.97 in about 90 minutes.

No Silver, but 2 Wheaties (39 and 51) but a lot of the quarters/dimes were late 60's early 70s - so need to get back soon! Hopefully silver lurking…

Question - hard to see in the picture, but most of the coins have a reddish "patina" (for lack of a better word) - any ideas?

I'll try to get more-better pics up later, but they are soaking in disk/h20 liquid since last night - we'll see if that cleans them...

More interested in why they have the reddish coloring - something in the soil?

Anyhow -I know it just clad, but was great to get out and enjoy the weather and have some almost non-stop action! A good day!

20160131_161156.jpg

Upvote 4

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
We've been lucky with this lack of winter weather in CT this year. I passed on ice-fishing Sunday to go MDing in the woods. No finds worth posting but it felt great to get out and hear those beeps. Looks like the weather pattern will continue and next weekend will be digable. A lot of my clad comes out red, especially nickels. Probably the natural acidity of the soil because some of the spots I hunt have never been fertilized. BTW - Don't post too many finds or you will have to pay CT income tax on them and as far as I know, the associated expenses (equipment, batteries, travel, etc.) are not deductible! LOL
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread