The last two days at the beach (East Coast)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend and I went to the Maryland and Delaware beaches. It didn't look all that bad after the nor'easter. Sand moved around really weird. At Ocean City, sure 'nough the water end of the pier is gone. Farther north, the dunes were breached numerous places and the ocean flowed across the coastal highway. Saw one older building in OC with no roof.

I'll have you know you have been rescued from a zillion pop tops and sinkers. We also rescued some conchs that got to be about 50 feet from the ocean. Plunk we threw them back in.

Saw four species of artic birds. Coins were not abundant. Dug several all but 2 modern. Best find was a piece of mid 18th century Stafforshire pottery called combware. Its really
hard stuff to find. Surely from one of the wrecks.

Will try to pics. Just got home and the cats need attention.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1129.JPG Ok, as promised here are the pics of the "good" stuff. Not pictured are fishing lures, pull tabs, pennies, nickels, sinkers, aluminum can slaw, the sea glass (I gave it all to my friend) and some shells.
Two days of really pounding the beach. Pictured top row, left to right, Leedsware, green slipware, redware. Second row, left to right, redware, yelloware, redware, delftware, English slipware.
Third row left to right - Tower made George III halfpenny, contemporary counterfeit George III halfpenny, no dates, little detail. There was also some red tumbled brick, really old, but I didn't drag that or the huge round iron "thing" home.

The BEST PIECES are the delftware and English Slipware. A delft plate like this intact can run $100-$500 and an English slipware plate a lot more, these are my first pieces of this type pottery.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd really like to call in a "snow day" today but am going to drag my sorry carcass to work. Got a massive headache.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions