A few silver for this weekend and some other odds and ends.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still no new permissions available, so this weekend we decided to goto some local schools in the area to try and end the 2016 silver coin slump.
Ended up with a sterling ring, 2 silver dimes, 5 Wheaties, a Girl Scouts pin, good luck token, and about 5 dollars in clad.
Also dug a neat military lockplate with a cool eagle design. I believe it says PAT'D APRIL 15 1879. Cant believe this thing was in a soccer field 2 inches deep.

Attachments

• P2070001.JPG
    P2070001.JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 72
  • P2070003.JPG
    P2070003.JPG
    414.5 KB · Views: 74
  • P2070004.JPG
    P2070004.JPG
    459.9 KB · Views: 79
  • P2070005.JPG
    P2070005.JPG
    411.1 KB · Views: 67
  • P2070007.JPG
    P2070007.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 67
  • P2070009.JPG
    P2070009.JPG
    264.5 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 15

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, congrats. Work that field until there are no more beeps! Sub 8-)

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done BP.

The eagle on the lock is really sweet.

How about this... I go the exact same ring that you found! Same WS hallmark and all.

Best of luck to you!

Attachments

• IMG_20140914_145238_719-1.jpg
    IMG_20140914_145238_719-1.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 56

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bone Where you been? And why you running around in soccer fields? Thought you might have fallen over the edge of your map. Was about to launch a search party. :laughing7: Great different Digs from you.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. They may have hauled dirt in for the soccer field, & your lock plate was in the load of dirt. I have found old items in modern fields, & thats the only theory I can come up with. I once hunted a small beach about 50 yds. long. My friend didnt even pull his detector out, as he hunts this place every weekend for jewelry & felt he was caught up on it. He watched in amazement as I pulled 6 Mercury dimes from the sand, at which point he ran and got his detector. I could only reason that they hauled a fresh bunch of sand in from somewhere to fill in the beach a little. You just never know.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds BP!
Love that ring!

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very well done BP.

The eagle on the lock is really sweet.

How about this... I go the exact same ring that you found! Same WS hallmark and all.

Best of luck to you!
Thanks Tom. I was wondering what that hallmark read.
Seems like we are finding similar items on these schoolyard/ballfield hunts.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bone Where you been? And why you running around in soccer fields? Thought you might have fallen over the edge of your map. Was about to launch a search party. :laughing7: Great different Digs from you.
Ive been around. Earlier this year we were hammering the old permissions to no avail.
Ive been running around the soccer field reminiscing the old glory days, lol. They used to call me Pele.
Went Relic hunting near a couple civil war camps this Friday, and didn't find crap.
So I gota take what I can get I suppose. It definitely isn't the old stuff that I would prefer, but it puts me on the board and ends the slump for 2016.
Thanks

Last edited:

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really dig the lock plate and the ring is a winner!

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. They may have hauled dirt in for the soccer field, & your lock plate was in the load of dirt. I have found old items in modern fields, & thats the only theory I can come up with. I once hunted a small beach about 50 yds. long. My friend didnt even pull his detector out, as he hunts this place every weekend for jewelry & felt he was caught up on it. He watched in amazement as I pulled 6 Mercury dimes from the sand, at which point he ran and got his detector. I could only reason that they hauled a fresh bunch of sand in from somewhere to fill in the beach a little. You just never know.
Thanks Trezurehunter. I was thinking fill dirt or hurricane debris that washed up. My buddy dug a nice set of Chunky WW2 Sterling Pilots Wings from this field.
There was definitely lots of trashy corroding metals/stuff in certain areas too, which kind of goes with the fill theory.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you find the Soccer field on an old map? And has it always been a Goal of yours to hunt one. Asking for a friend.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you find the Soccer field on an old map? And has it always been a Goal of yours to hunt one. Asking for a friend.

I have no old maps of that particular area...
Not necessarily a goal, but it was definitely a kick in the grass.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions