Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I really don't care for Pro Football I made a late decision to hit the patch Sunday even though Charleston had rain last week and again Saturday.Even in the soogy conditions Managed to dig 2 Large Cents that need cleaning. I somehow have managed to pull 5 LC"s in last 3 weeks. Also a crusty buffalo some flat buttons a musketball and a couple Oyster shell buttons. I still have a bag full of encrusted items to go through and clean hoping a surprise or two will pop out
IMG_20160207_223907243_HDR.jpg IMG_20160207_160523737.jpg IMG_20160207_224550959.jpg IMG_20160208_085850659.jpg IMG_20160208_115429.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 21
OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife is the Same way. LOL & Crying
BUT
One of these day's She is Gonna Have to like it. 'That being a 4-10 hour Drive for me to hunt' .

Those LC are cool as heck . Still never Dug a Complete one.

Davers come on down. While I can't Guarantee hunts like Todd Does I'm sure we can find something for you to dig. One of the guys dug what he thought was an encrusted flat button turned out to be War 1812 Artillery Button. Hope he decides to post it

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No wasn't being ugly. I said that's the difference. He knows where we live. Bone is just being from Mississippi again:laughing7:
I think I sense a little jealousy.
People cant help where they are from, and I wont hold that against you.

Mkriegs

Sep 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool stuff. your buttons are most likely from freshwater mussels. They were the basis of a huge button industry in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool stuff. your buttons are most likely from freshwater mussels. They were the basis of a huge button industry in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
Thanks for the interesting information

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those large cents are great finds.
They are on my "long-term" bucket list.
The short term one has a class ring on it (that I want to return to the owner).
I am like BP, people around here in southern MS had plenty of wheats and indian head cents, but I have yet to even find a piece of a large cent.
I guess a Fugio, chain, or flying eagle is out of the question too.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those large cents are great finds.
They are on my "long-term" bucket list.
The short term one has a class ring on it (that I want to return to the owner).
I am like BP, people around here in southern MS had plenty of wheats and indian head cents, but I have yet to even find a piece of a large cent.
I guess a Fugio, chain, or flying eagle is out of the question too.

M33 those Large Cents are neat to find but like anything you have to hunt areas that give you a better chance of finding the items you seek. Here in the Upststate of SC you don't see them often. But in the Northeast they seem to dig them on a regular basis. That's the reason I drive 3 hours to Charleston. Since it was occupied for over 300 years it gives me a lot better chance of finding Colonial, Revolutionary, and Civil War relics.Sometime I find them Sometimes I drive home 3 hours without much of anything. As far as classrings go they are out there to be found and returned. Keep hitting those parks and swimming holes and you'll find them I sure.There is nothing like the look on a person's face when you return an item that they thought they would never see again. Good Luck to you and look forward to your post of the things you have on your list

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found out that the patch will be closing soon. Sorry uncle Cletus health is getting bad. He said he's going to ask $18.19 an acre if anyone's interested contact aunt Eunice's or TBD. Thanks

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE LEAD SOLIDER AND POTTER SHERDS.

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found out that the patch will be closing soon. Sorry uncle Cletus health is getting bad. He said he's going to ask $18.19 an acre if anyone's interested contact aunt Eunice's or TBD. Thanks

Patch you Really don't know how true this is. After 69 years in the Watermelon business Ole Cletus is hanging it up. Brings tears to my eyes but it was Great Fun while it lasted. I think we should Celebrate with one last hunt or two. Oh yeah Twinpicks get with the program and show all these Watermelon loving people what you found. It's amazing so lets see.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds.

Twin Picks

Jun 29, 2015
Low Country
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Patch you Really don't know how true this is. After 69 years in the Watermelon business Ole Cletus is hanging it up. Brings tears to my eyes but it was Great Fun while it lasted. I think we should Celebrate with one last hunt or two. Oh yeah Twinpicks get with the program and show all these Watermelon loving people what you found. It's amazing so lets see.

Soon.... Still scraping a few items. I think Cletus watered those melons with seawater and rust!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice work!!! That's a great streak! Congrats

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soon.... Still scraping a few items. I think Cletus watered those melons with seawater and rust!
200+ years of Urine+ fireplace ash=Concrete. Then add a little iron. Man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread