Found a Walker Today, Plus More Silver!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

Today, I went to Griffith Park, and met up with Mike (ratman), in hopes of finding a few keepers from the heavily detected areas of the park, where good finds have come from in the recent months. It was worth the trip. I ended up finding 2 mercs, 1 Rosie, 1 tarred War nickel, 20 wheaties, and 1 Walker Half. The darn lawn mower nicked it, but it still made my eyes pop out of my head when I saw it in my hole.:o This was my second Walker of the year. All in all, not a bad day! Good hunting with you Mike. Thanks again for telling me about that section of the park. I would never had made the Walker find, if it weren't for you. We'll do it again soon.

Thanks for looking,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_1116 (700 x 525).jpg
    IMG_1116 (700 x 525).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 554
Upvote 0

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Silver Finds!!!!!!!!!! You're lucky to find silver coins at all in them parks, you do have a great detector, my brother bought the SE this spring and he's very happy, he said he made a lot of finds with his Bounty Hunter but there's no comparison to his Minelab.

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
You need to find that Lawn Mower Man and beat him over the head with your SE screaming at the top of your lungs NO NO! That'll teach him to screw up a perfectly good Walker! A nick my toot; he guillotined the fine lady! :)

Good to see you feeling better Captain SE! You did "recover" (hee hee) with a vengence!

GRB

nascarfan

Jul 17, 2005
CaptnSE, As usual Capt., you have some great finds there!!! I am interested in your setup....Would you be willing to share your setup with us! Was wondering if you run wide open and listen to all sounds w/ no disc. or if you tune out some stuff......Most people I've talked to that know their Explorer's run wide open and sift the good sounds out of the constant sounds of junk......Is this your method of choice!! I have tried this method a little w/ very ho-hum results! Not sure what I was doing wrong! The jury is still out though!! Enjoy reading your posts! Nascarfan

R

RUDY2003

Some good diggin' captn....Nice injured walker too...Big silver....
Keep safe....

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GoldenRoyBoy said:
You need to find that Lawn Mower Man and beat him over the head with your SE screaming at the top of your lungs NO NO! That'll teach him to screw up a perfectly good Walker! A nick my toot; he guillotined the fine lady!

Got a good laugh out of that :D

WTG Captn, that big silver sure rings out nice, don't it?

HH,
Nat

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds are expected of you! Keep up the excellent work. I detected Classical Middle school off the 22 FWY since its near my work. I was wondering at which section of the school did you find your Walker?

I spent most of my time near the old trees across from the apartement complex but noticed that the school police were getting annoyed with me so I left early.

HH from MM

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
I like that quote, Mike!!! I've raised the bar so high that good finds will always be expected of me... ;D I always go out and try my best, and enjoy what I do to the max!!! You've detected at Classical?? I was there numerous time back in Jan/Feb. I made my first silver finds of the year at that school. You wouldn't have believed how many quarters I pulled out of that place. It's still loaded with clad, minus 180 quarters or so. ;) No doubt in my mind that if you spent a day on the weekend at that school, that you would exceed you best coin total day. My first walker of the year was found somewhere in the middle of the large field off Anaheim Rd. I have found 7 silver rings from that field also. Some other silver(mercs, rosies) where found by the large tree near the corner of the field next to Anaheim Rd., and also near the baseball field by the basketball courts near Anaheim Rd.

HH,
Dan

M-Squared said:
Great finds are expected of you! Keep up the excellent work. I detected Classical Middle school off the 22 FWY since its near my work. I was wondering at which section of the school did you find your Walker?

I spent most of my time near the old trees across from the apartement complex but noticed that the school police were getting annoyed with me so I left early.

HH from MM

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats some park you guys found! very nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread