Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! My buddy & I went to a site I've been going to for years & did pretty good (Chuck made some nice finds). There was definitely a Native American settlement here, I've found probably a couple hundred artifacts. It's amazing to think who the last person was to touch these artifacts. This land also had a few homesites, one of which was the homesite (long gone) of a militia Captain in the Revolutionary War that saw action at the Battle of Camden. It was nice to get the ornate shoe buckle piece for the collection (I keep all my finds in display cases separated by site). It was a nice day to get out & save some history! bird_p.png bps_2.png shoeb.png dzklhgjl.png bna.png potry.png

Upvote 25

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's alot of triangles there bud but I really like the layout of your post. KUDOS!!!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice I Think I would have walked right by those I don't know much about that stuff but you seem happy Good job

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I need to look more, I'm in an area to find artifacts just can't remember to look besides listen.

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I need to look more, I'm in an area to find artifacts just can't remember to look besides listen.
It is tough to do both. We actually took a break from detecting just to look for arrowheads. It's a nice change of pace sometimes to lose the headphones & just enjoy the sounds of nature.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice looking bird points. I agree with you Mangum. Sometimes I just put the detector down & walk around looking for arrowheads. Half hour later, I pick up the detector again.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! My buddy & I went to a site I've been going to for years & did pretty good (Chuck made some nice finds). There was definitely a Native American settlement here, I've found probably a couple hundred artifacts. It's amazing to think who the last person was to touch these artifacts. This land also had a few homesites, one of which was the homesite (long gone) of a militia Captain in the Revolutionary War that saw action at the Battle of Camden. It was nice to get the ornate shoe buckle piece for the collection (I keep all my finds in display cases separated by site). It was a nice day to get out & save some history! View attachment 1270422 View attachment 1270423 View attachment 1270424 View attachment 1270425 View attachment 1270426 View attachment 1270427

VERY NICE!!
That Bird Point is SWEET!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds,looks like it is a really good place you got there.-HH

gheenoe78

Nov 21, 2014
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea of separating display cases by site. I have one for each type of artifact but sometimes forget exactly where they came from, especially flat buttons. Really like that bird point. Congrats

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!
I need to pay more attention, I would like to find some of those.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread