38.2 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 3

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet, not sure why your saying "Effigies", they are natural rocks...

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a possible scraper in there! Weird shape--definitely 'messed with'. Pretty colors on all the rocks for sure! HH

OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you mean "Messed with" ? These stones are Exactly as I found them, outside of washing them. Are you implying I manufactured them somehow? If so you are Very mistaken. I appreciate the stones I find in and around my creek and property. You are more than welcome to come see for yourself. Now I am upset... :( BTW I am a 59 year old rancher. I do Not have time nor do I know how to "Mess with" stones. You should appreciate my finds as they are True artifacts. I joined this site to share with enthusiasm and learn. You can not walk 2 feet in my creek without discovering several arrowheads, mortars, effigy stones, etc. etc. Just so you know. ~Blessings~

Last edited:

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The third picture on the right top row looks like part of a blade core. Blades have clearly been kanpped off of this core. But the others just look like rocks to me.

JimK

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
DFW_THer said "messed with"... I am positive he meant that a human hand had knocked those chips off of it. He is not saying that "your" hand did it, just that a human had worked that stone. (Psst: He is agreeing with you).

There is movie called "Stripes" and in it is a character that is named Francis, however he prefers not to be called Francis (Psycho is what he likes to be called), and he gets very upset when someone calls him Francis. The lovable, but tough Sargent tells him to "...settle down Francis..." as it is clear that no one is messing with Francis, he is just a bit too sensitive.

It is a very good movie.

Welcome to TNet!

OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh... Apologies if that is the case..l I was offended true, as I have no reason to post FAKES. LOL. I am new to this site and just wish to learn, explore, and share.

OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. No it is Not for sissies. I do not wish to be part of that group. Apologies. :BangHead:

Last edited:

CTwoods

Dec 9, 2015
east central Connecticut
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Read the rules and Thank you

LOL. No it is Not for sissies. I do not wish to be part of that group. Apologies,

I can tell that you are unaware of some members that use a "message" in their signature line. Any words or pics/logos below a straight line under their message to you, is something that shows each time they post on this site.

I can tell that you thought one person told you to "read the rules" and another told you that "growing old is..."

Those were not directed at you.

now you know :)

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Messed with = modified thousands of years back. It's a good find.

Your bat is just a rock though.

Cheers! ;)

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. No it is Not for sissies. I do not wish to be part of that group. Apologies. :BangHead:
:laughing7:lol,that happened to me when I first started Tnet.I thought they where writing that to me at that moment.One member G.A.P.Metal had his phone number on his signature ,I was half shot drinking and thought he wanted me to call him,and I did,I just didn't realize it was 1 o clock in the morning.He was nice about it but I could tell I woke him up.Sorry about that Gary!:laughing7:Welcome to the site cmenokla.

Last edited:

Dakota Sioux

Nov 11, 2015
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT- Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those look like the captions you have with the pictures. I think the hawk's head looks like a native warrior head looking left too. I see the bat with those yellow eyes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread