Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I love watching others digging videos but filming as I'm digging ain't really my thing so a video from me is rare. Today was an exception. A twenty minute dig scored a copper and a Merc.

I have dug a couple old coins including a Liberty cap and a 1797 draped bust not 5' from this location so I decided when I got a 12-41 at 8" that I'd film. I'm not sure how I missed the signal before. Well, here goes -

Well it's a KG3, 1777. Thought I may get lucky with a state copper but alas no luck. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455063574.564561.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455063590.505958.jpg

Enjoy
Steve

Last edited:
Upvote 38
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the KG! :occasion14:

I love digging and retrieving the old coppers in any condition.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
CONGRATS on the Big Copper
I can't do videos, the fans would be overwhelming
and I just don't have time for to be giving out autographs.
I hear that. Being famous and having people around me all the time is exactly the opposite of why I detect. Lol. Let's leave the videos to someone else;)
Nice Steve! Can't believe you're still digging up there, but looks like you're gonna have to take a break this weekend.
Thanks Bill. I swooped at the opportunity and glad I did as the ground is froze real good now and for the foreseeable future
Congrats on the copper Steve
Much appreciated Steve.
Scrappy....... :rosette: for this find !

Congrats and great movie

FM ++++++++++++++++++
Excellent, I'm glad you enjoyed! Cheers.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the find, and getting it on vid. I haven't tried doing that yet, especially since 80 % would just be junk. Nice find. Fun to see. HH!
You dig some awesome stuff man. It would be great to see you dig one of your good finds. But yeah, those don't come often for anyone and it takes real dedication and patience to capture good finds.
Congrats on the nice old copper...and the easy digging dirt! I WANT TO DIG lol
The dirt was so soft and Luscious. Jealous?!?! Lol
Thx Casper
Awesome score and thanks for sharing the vid !
Glad you liked it man. Thanks for taking the time to look
Cool live dig video!! Great find, love old coppers, congrats and HH !!
Thanks DD! I like my coppers like I like my wenches; Old, round, and crusty

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find!! how the heck did you manage to clean it off and make it look that nice? it looked pretty wrecked in the vid. Well done!
H2O2 and a prayer. Then some Renaissance wax. It looks way better in the pic than in person, which is usually the opposite.
Congratualtions on the KG! :occasion14:

I love digging and retrieving the old coppers in any condition.
Thanks. I'm the same way. For me it's finding that old ground that gives me a sense of accomplishment. After that condition, ID, and a date are all bonuses

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread