First Large Cent plus an IHP, a Rosie, and some whatsits...

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man was it butt cold today...plus the wind. So i'm extra siked with these finds. The IHP came first. Very shallow...no more than 3 inches. Then I got a screaming quarter signal and 4" down i saw large copper. I've pulled a bunch of these same GD batting cage tokens so I said a quick prayer that it wouldn't be another and lo-n-behold it wasn't. My first LC. It's pretty wasted but who cares. At least I got a date: 1843. Wrapped up the hunt with the Rosie, 1953.

Also 7 wheats, a disheartening number of memorials, a lock plate, some keys, and some whatsits.

Now to dethaw with a scotch.

IMG_5004.PNG IMG_5003.PNG IMG_5005.PNG IMG_5006.PNG IMG_5007.PNG

Upvote 18
OP
OP
Murray8144

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Cold out, ain't it?!

Thanks! Yeah, it's officially cold. Im still heading down to toasted's field of dreams this weekend in hopes of saving some seated coins from the misfortune of having his face be the first thing they've seen in 150 years. But I think it's a lost cause now...15 degrees last night

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Large Cent Murray. I do the same with a good shot after a cold morning of digging ( of course by the time I get home, it is after 12:00 ).

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice assortment of finds.
"Firsts" are special. Put it in a coin folder, put the date of find. As well as location. I have done that with most of my "Firsts"

OP
OP
Murray8144

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice assortment of finds.
"Firsts" are special. Put it in a coin folder, put the date of find. As well as location. I have done that with most of my "Firsts"

That's exactly what I do. All my notable finds go in a 2x2 with the date location and what it is. They go in an album. Any silver, ihp, old copper, etc goes in there. Kids love looking at 'em.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions