DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to my favorite spot again today.The open fields weren't as bad as I thought they where gonna be as far as the frozen ground,mostly just a frozen top lair,but I just couldn't take all that cold wind blowing on me so I headed to the woods.Started finding a few odds and ends, some old some not.Found a few buttons also, just a few of them had some age on them.I was having a very good hunt,then I walked over the shoe buckle and it got a little better.I thought I was on to something after I turned it up,but it just went cold after I dug the buckle,no other finds and really not much noise at all.Just one of those randomly lost pieces I guess.Man when walked back out in the field on my way out,I tried to hunt some more,but It is so cold out there right now,I just hung it up.Stay warm everyone-HH 019.JPG 012.JPG 011.JPG 006.JPG 015.JPG 018.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 19
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the very nice buckle find!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The buckle alone would make for a very good hunt.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice bud. -8 with the wind blowing 20+ here today. Supposed to be in the 40s on Tuesday

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I commend you for even getting out and that show buckle was probably worth getting out in it for.:thumbsup:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough hunt but it looks like it paid off. I wanted to try and go today but it's 12:30 and still only 18 with 12 as the wind chill. Not as tough as I used to be. The buckle definitely made it worth the pain. Like the buttons to. Congrats

HH, Relic Nut

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds. congrats

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The buckle alone would make for a very good hunt.
thanks OD, I really enjoy just getting out for a hunt and digging some stuff, doesn't have to be great finds.It doesn't hurt to luck out and walk over a nice piece though.kind of a shame the guts weren't intact on this one,would have been very sweet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice bud. -8 with the wind blowing 20+ here today. Supposed to be in the 40s on Tuesday
Man that is cold up there!.It was in the single digits here yesterday,the wind chill felt about like -0.I think they are calling for another wintery mess here tomorrow,I just hope it doesn't add up to much.I know you guys up there are iching to get out,hang in there spring won't be long now.I just hope this coming summer down hear isn't a blazer this year.Seem like there has always got to be something in the way.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I commend you for even getting out and that show buckle was probably worth getting out in it for.:thumbsup:
Thanks Coily,it was worth it to me but my hands- fingers-nose and toes would have said different:icon_pale:

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough hunt but it looks like it paid off. I wanted to try and go today but it's 12:30 and still only 18 with 12 as the wind chill. Not as tough as I used to be. The buckle definitely made it worth the pain. Like the buttons to. Congrats

HH, Relic Nut
Not sure about tough but I may be a fool for going out in those conditions:laughing7:.Just driven by the obsession I guess.I was dressed for it though.Had on three flannels under my wind breaker,two pairs of socks,pajama bottoms under my pants,stocking hat and two pairs of glove's.,a ski mask would have been nice to have,i need to get me one.I wasn't doing to awlfully bad until I had to take a leak.I took them gloves off and it was all over for my hands.

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , man you got points in my book for being out there yesterday I know you froze in a field .....

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shoe buckle and the buck shed are Kool . You done good in this frigid temps , I am working out in the snow but it is a balmy 29 F compared to 8 degrees last night . he h look at Pic #5 ... wipe that stupid smile off that button :cake:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread