Gotta love the silver.

B

BIG61AL

I was hunting a nearby middle school and this guys asks the standard questions and I give him the standard answers. Just before he leave he says that a bunch of people were looking for a ring some time last summer in the soccer field right next to the school. I had plan to do the Field anyway so I said thanks and went back to my searching. I had hit up this Field with limited success but never did find anything of note until i found this ring. A nice fat band at 6 grams. No markings or inscription just "925MC". The guy never said a name or anything to identify the owner. I don't even know if the person still lives here or not. I'd love to return it but if I put up a sign saying found ring every yahoo in the world will say it's theirs.

Attachments

• silver ring.jpg
    silver ring.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 449
Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
That one reminds me of the first silver ring I ever found. I still have it.

Shine it up! Congrats!

Ridley

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Great ring! HH

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
You might look in the local newspaper archives from last summer to see if an ad was put in. Otherwise, congrats on a nice find and being the new owner! 8)

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
If someone lost a ring like that at the school, there was probably a note or something in the office about it. I would bet the office was on the lookout for someone turning it in. If you call and ask someone who worked in the school office at that time about somebody losing a ring on the soccer field, chances are they will remember it. They might not know the name of the person who lost the ring but I'll bet they can give you the name of someone who does know.

Daryl

R

RUDY2003

Great silver ring Al....
I haven't found a heavy silver one yet, sitll lookin'....

Keep safe and keep diggin...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions