Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

chaos11624

Sep 16, 2003
yep working at the gas station where i work ive gotten so many wheaties its crazy
oldest being 1909 i think
about 20 rosies and 3 buffalos , 4 mercs , about 7 or 8 silver quaters , 4 war nickles, 3 kennedy half silvers one franklin half silver
and one time someone almost bought a 24 oz beer with a morgan dollar but his friend found a 1 dollar bill in his pocket instead , friend should have waited in the car hahaha
you be surprised what people spend when they need gas
one of the mercs i found in the take a penny give a penny tray

N

Newbie1967

I remember years ago when I lived in NH and worked at Friendly's (ice cream store, for those of you not in the East), the old ladies would come in and lots of times would leave older coins in their tips. Sigh... if only I knew better I'd have saved some of them.

Good find, pray for sunshine!

Jim

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
Cool find!! Love those wheaties!! It amazes me how many people don't check their chainge.....I try to check all mine for old coins,and the new coins for anything out of the ordinary!! Good luck and H.H.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
I was in St. Augustine one night at a Winn Dixie and this Weird guy wearing a trench coat and top hat ahead of me in line paid for his case of beer with a small stack of morgans! the cashier was happy to let me buy them as he had no place for them in the drawer! what a lucky day! weird creepy but lucky (guy reminded me of the villian off "something wicked this way comes") 8)

S

SouthernCelt

omnicognic said:
I was in St. Augustine one night at a Winn Dixie and this Weird guy wearing a trench coat and top hat ahead of me in line paid for his case of beer with a small stack of morgans! the cashier was happy to let me buy them as he had no place for them in the drawer! what a lucky day! weird creepy but lucky (guy reminded me of the villian off "something wicked this way comes") 8)

Makes you wonder if the guy is so much an alcoholic he raiding his coin collection for money or whether his day job is house burglary?! :-\

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
its amazing to me what can be found. I found a 1956 wheat today as well. Ihave found about 100 wheat cents, a couple silver dimes and quarters and even a 1913 v nickel. Keep looking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions