Lucked Up On New CW Site Finds From The Past 6 Hunts

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TF 16.jpg todays finds.jpg todays finds 1.jpg todays finds 2.jpg todays finds 3.jpg todays finds 4.jpg todays finds 5.jpg todays finds 6.jpg todays finds 7.jpg todays finds 8.jpg todays finds 9.jpg todays finds 10.jpg todays finds 11.jpg todays finds 12.jpg TF 13.jpg TF 14.jpg TF 15.jpg

Thanks to my lovely wife I was finally able to upload some pics. Really haven't been able to clean everything up very well. Their are a couple of What is its. One being the suspender like thing and the other being the brass tube piece with the screens in the end. The last 4 pics are of a lock plate 'my first' missing the hammer portion of course.
Not bad for North GA these days in my opinion.
Thanks Happy Hunting
Davers :thumbsup:

Upvote 19

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to hunt a site with those kind of finds and /history I always wonder if any of those bullets found there mark. and why so many buttons fell of back in the old days Great finds!!!!

mirage83

Dec 20, 2009
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, XLT
Finds can certainly be scarce around our neck of the woods. Looks like you've got some good locations scouted out though, nice finds.

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great relics! Nice lead and buttons. That's spur is awesome!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds. Bet your pack gets heavy.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of relics Davers!! Looks like a good place to hunt.

HH, Relic Nut

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff Davers,sweet spur and lock plate.I think you are right about the piece of suspender buckle.I am almost wondering if the brass tube might be the end piece to some kind of water purifier?Here are some lock plates from a civil war artifact book,hope it helps some.-HH 001.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice bunch of finds! Love digging civil war relics. If they could only talk...

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score im kind of with Digiron2 on that one peice, maybe canteen filter or charcoal filter .

tennessee

Feb 8, 2013
East tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great saves Davers. Your wife did an awesome job with the pictures. Looks like a great site that will produce for a long time. Thanks for sharing.

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome finds, it don't get much better than that. Congrats, hope you find much more.

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Always a LOVELY surprise to find a new place to hunt! Never found a lock plate!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done Davers. Glad to see you on a nice CW site.

Best of luck to you!

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff Davers,sweet spur and lock plate.I think you are right about the piece of suspender buckle.I am almost wondering if the brass tube might be the end piece to some kind of water purifier?Here are some lock plates from a civil war artifact book,hope it helps some.-HH View attachment 1275486 View attachment 1275487 View attachment 1275488

I was thinking the same thing about the "Water Purifier" , (or old fashion) 'Life Straw' Googled 'CW,WP' & only one came up ,a few dif, times, the one in Francis Lords Book , but it was made totally different . Still Possible??

I love your Book , Do think I have seen it before ,wish I had it now.
Anyway pulled out a Few NSTCW Mags for reference, I had noticed most of the Common Springfield Lock Plates had a Smaller "U" cut just in front of the Hammer, The first mag, I looked at in 'Field Recoveries ' had a picture of an 1816 Lock Plate, With a much wider "U" cut on it ,also it stated the an 1819 marking can still be seen on it.

It was dug in VA at an early war site.
Gonna Cook it sometime this week & hopefully I can Get a Date. Would be Cool if it was off an 1816 Model (Stuff that old other than Rocks is rare around here.

Glad I keep everything , I dug down over 10 inches in Roots for this thing and was Ill when I saw it was Iron But Got to looking at it (saw the large hole) It just looked familiar (all those books & mag's Pictures ) over the years.

Gonna look through all my Iron from this site but if I recall most of it's to small for the hammer.
Still I will go Back (In all Metal) & try to find the Lock or other pieces ; Heck I found the large part of the spur 10 days before I dug the Smaller Piece. So U never Know.

Thanks for your time.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thank everyone for all the comments , I fig, I'd better post some pictures or y'all would start to think I was a Pozer. LOL

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always a LOVELY surprise to find a new place to hunt! Never found a lock plate!

Yeah It's pretty small between say Burger King & Wal-Mart.
but
Ill take it. lol

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Son of a gun, I should of hooked up with you for one final hunt before I moved.. LOL

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah It's pretty small between say Burger King & Wal-Mart.
but
Ill take it. lol

The stuff is quickly getting covered up. You did well in rescuing the relics. Sometimes the stuff is on just one lot surrounded by progress! Ha! Interesting on that lock plate. I cooked one I thought was for caps and it ended up being flint lock. Thats how rusted it was. Comes a point when cooking you have to make the call that it is done. Good luck nice saves in n.Ga.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread