Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had get out again, went back to the encampment, looking for my reg button, well not yet. But lots of other signs.
Oh well maybe next time.
Thanks for looking
George ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456101414.543692.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456101432.576802.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456101449.479364.jpg

Upvote 11

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man, you've posted more lead the last 2 posts than all your posts combined! Looks like you've found a nice military site George. Congrats!

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you've posted more lead the last 2 posts than all your posts combined! Looks like you've found a nice military site George. Congrats!

Thanks Dave,
This year I'm trying to find some rev war buttons.
I have my sights set on them! Lol

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Musketball mania! Great finds again!! Way to go George.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing that sure brings back a memory... my only dug wood back button. (they are quite rare to find)

I was hunting a great little site that had given up about 15 Rev War pewters, all RP and one 3rd American. There was very few buttons other than those so chances are if you dug a button it was going to be a keeper. Anyway, so on this particular hunt things were pretty quiet, and that's normal because it's not a huge area and has been hit hard, so you have to work for targets..... so I get a signal and flip to see the back and know it's either would or bone, and at this site I knew there was a great chance it could be an early British numbered officer button. I had never dug one with a wood or bone back, and was only a couple of years ago I actually found my first Rev War numbered officer button (24th flat button) So I flip it and my excitement gets shot as I see it's just a design... is still a nice button but not what I was hoping for.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like my kind of site! So hard to find those wood buttons. Way to go George!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing that sure brings back a memory... my only dug wood back button. (they are quite rare to find)

I was hunting a great little site that had given up about 15 Rev War pewters, all RP and one 3rd American. There was very few buttons other than those so chances are if you dug a button it was going to be a keeper. Anyway, so on this particular hunt things were pretty quiet, and that's normal because it's not a huge area and has been hit hard, so you have to work for targets..... so I get a signal and flip to see the back and know it's either would or bone, and at this site I knew there was a great chance it could be an early British numbered officer button. I had never dug one with a wood or bone back, and was only a couple of years ago I actually found my first Rev War numbered officer button (24th flat button) So I flip it and my excitement gets shot as I see it's just a design... is still a nice button but not what I was hoping for.

That's a good story,
Every button I have found there was just like that.
In fact, yesterday I pull the first button. I take it out of the hole and see a iron back and flip it over and rub it and I swear I see RP and what looked like a crown! I put it in my case with dirt and keep hunting, very excited.
Anyway I get back home and take it out with 4 other Tombacs with iron shanks.
Guess what the RP and crown fell of on the way home!! Lol
We see what we want to see I guess. Lol

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt Vino, love that wood/bone back button.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep at it George, looks like based on all the muskets balls you've got to be close. Good luck out there

Thanks Jon,
I'm hoping. It's fun anyway

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt Vino, love that wood/bone back button.

Thanks Isaac,
I know you found one like it, but better! Lol

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Nice finds Vino, I love the wood back button. I dug one last year and they are real nice to find CONGRATS :thumbsup:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that wood backed button in nice condition George. You are closing in on that marked Rev War button for sure!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great wood-back! All them round balls are making me dizzy. Great day!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's enough lead to keep the schools supplied with pencils for a year or so good job

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread