Washington and Barber puzzled about medallion

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The picture below features this morning's finds from the creekside farm I've been searching. I got off to a fast start, finding the 45 Washington quarter and an 09VDB wheat right away. The highlight of the morning was this 14 Barber quarter who is still wondering why I botched the cosmetic surgery on its scalp :'(. I added a 17D and 19 wheat, along with a teen S wheat that I can't determine for sure. Joining the crowd were a 20, 35 and 36 wheat and seven latter day wheats. No Mercs or Roseys today! I also found this medallion; it appears to be Catholic.

Attachments

• quarters (2).jpg
    quarters (2).jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 704
Upvote 0

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Wow, I better quit pickin' on your beverage selection !! Otherwise I'll never get to hunt with you. Very nice digs, I got my first barber quarter a week or so ago, what a rush, keep diggin' that site, love the pics. HH

P.S. - got a medallion alot like yours, I'm thinkin' it's catholic, too.

Attachments

• 5-15-07(02).jpg
    5-15-07(02).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 688
  • 5-15-07(02).jpg
    5-15-07(02).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 690

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Nice variety of silver! I really like the medallion..........especially that its coin shaped! Congrats!

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Cool finds, half!

Nice silver. What kind of condition is the 09VDB in? We don't hear about may of those being dug.

I was also wondering how long do you hunt for on each outing?

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
paul1410 said:
Cool finds, half!

Nice silver. What kind of condition is the 09VDB in? We don't hear about may of those being dug.

Thanks for sharing.
The VDB is in reasonable shape for its age. I was able to get a date and the initials by rubbing, without water. Some pretty good detail; it didn't get too worn out before it hit the ground. The length of my hunts vary; today was about 3-3.5 hours. Some days a little less, some a little more. It depends on how crazy my kids are making me. They're 5 and 7, so I need to have good distractions at the site. Right now, with a 70 acre farm, there are plenty and they like being there.

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Awesome silver half dime!!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great digs, WTG!!!
That site is being good to you. ;D
Sorry, no help with the medalion...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Nice digs Halfdime. I think you must have some French/Indian in ya the way you scalp those Barbs. ;D Gotta razz ya.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
finderzzs said:
Nice digs Halfdime. I think you must have some French/Indian in ya the way you scalp those Barbs. ;D Gotta razz ya.
Yep, I just hate it when a scalping goes bad! :-[

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What part of the country do you md in?

I have an White XLT too. Do you use a preloaded or custom program. Ever hit a platinum ring? I wonder what the target id and VDI would indicate on such an object.

Oh, btw... AWESOME recoveries!!

HH from MM

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
M-Squared said:
What part of the country do you md in?

I have an White XLT too. Do you use a preloaded or custom program. Ever hit a platinum ring? I wonder what the target id and VDI would indicate on such an object.

Oh, btw... AWESOME recoveries!!

HH from MM
I'm in Western Pennsylvania and use the preset, coins program. To my knowledge, I've never hit a platinum ring. However, I am on the lookout for a platinum/diamond bracelet at this farm.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure have a great place to hunt. Sounds like you are having to work for it too. Way to go there. Nice finds!!!

Here's a pic of what I found yesterday with a couple of drops of rain on the lens. And that's about all the rain we got too. We've missed it all for almost 2 months.

Attachments

• IMG_3464.JPG
    IMG_3464.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 373

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
halfdime said:
paul1410 said:
Cool finds, half!

Thanks for sharing.
The VDB is in reasonable shape for its age. I was able to get a date and the initials by rubbing, without water. Some pretty good detail; it didn't get too worn out before it hit the ground. The length of my hunts vary; today was about 3-3.5 hours. Some days a little less, some a little more. It depends on how crazy my kids are making me. They're 5 and 7, so I need to have good distractions at the site. Right now, with a 70 acre farm, there are plenty and they like being there.

Thanks for the reply, half.

I enjoy your posts.

HH

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
paul1410 said:
halfdime said:
paul1410 said:
Cool finds, half!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the reply, half.

I enjoy your posts.

HH
Thank you, and you're welcome.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SUPER, SUPER finds 1/2! 8) I don't think anyone in Alabama ever had a barber to lose. :D

Congrats on those finds! Your posts always have GREAT stuff!!!

Nana :)

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey Henry.
I'm catching up on stuff. I see you are still on track for 100 silver for the year. ;) Very nice finds. Barber Quarters are far and few between and very nice.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread