[BANNER] What a day...some unique finds including 1600s to civil war (confederate brass!) - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: What a day...some unique finds including 1600s to civil war (confederate brass!)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    25,493
    26874 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Great finds! Like the buttons, jewelry and coins! Congratualtions!

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor of Engineering View Post
    Great finds! Like the buttons, jewelry and coins! Congratualtions!
    Thanks man!

  3. #18
    Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

    Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    11,536
    16984 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    You guys dug a treasure trove of relics. Congrats on the great hunt.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

  4. #19
    us
    I would rather be happy then right

    Jul 2013
    Pa.
    Ctx3030. Xp deus
    3,801
    5049 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)
    That was a great day, them hunts are so fun!
    You have a box full of finds you almost forget what you find until you get home and start cleaning them up.
    Am I right when the dozen screws don't have the hole in them?
    Congrats Dan

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Vino View Post
    That was a great day, them hunts are so fun!
    You have a box full of finds you almost forget what you find until you get home and start cleaning them up.
    Am I right when the dozen screws don't have the hole in them?
    Congrats Dan
    Honestly George with those screws, most are not frizzen. Williamsburg had an excellent gun exhibit a few years back and I spent time going through over 150 flintlock gun specimens from pistols to fowling guns, including military. Not a single one had a brass screw, and hardly any had the squared area below the knob. At the same time, they had an exhibit of colonial furniture....I saw dozens of pieces with those screws, some with and so.e without the hole. I'd say the iron ones are more likely weapon related.
    Vino likes this.

  6. #21
    us
    Feb 2013
    Virginia
    Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s) Metrotech (In the 70s) Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
    1,401
    2302 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch View Post
    The button and cufflinks are two pretty good keepers, and fun when you're popping great things from different eras. You guys have it real tough ... either hunting early Colonial to Rev war, or Rev War to Civil war.. or I bet on the odd occasion early Colonial right to Civil War. Damn it's hard to beat VA!
    That NC button a "Pretty good" keeper iron patch?! Yer KILLIN' me here! (Love the patch box cover, too!)

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by parsonwalker View Post
    That NC button a "Pretty good" keeper iron patch?! Yer KILLIN' me here! (Love the patch box cover, too!)
    ha ha thanks man. Honestly, that patch stock case cover is by far the nicest of the lot. Most people would not realize that, but those are not found very often, especially complete. I only have one other complete one in my collection.

  8. #23

    Aug 2006
    1,165
    564 times
    Some really nice digs Dan. The patch box cover is a unique find. Too bad the soil is so rough on the brass, but a CS button is tough to dig none the less. Looking forward to your finds from the next hunt there.

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by metalev4 View Post
    Some really nice digs Dan. The patch box cover is a unique find. Too bad the soil is so rough on the brass, but a CS button is tough to dig none the less. Looking forward to your finds from the next hunt there.
    Thanks man...it is a cool site, even if it had been hunted to death already

    Dan

  10. #25
    us
    Feb 2016
    TN
    Minelab SE Pro
    24
    22 times
    Relic Hunting
    Sweet digs

  11. #26
    us
    Jun 2015
    La Porte County, Indiana and SC Low-country part time
    XP Deus, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett AT-Gold
    110
    259 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    I just found the same Chinese Coin in St. Augustine!

    Hi HomeGuardDan,

    Great finds. What I found very interesting is the Chinese coin you found is the exact same one that I just found down in St. Augustine last week. I was doing research and couldn't find an exact match. I was amazed when I saw that it looks exactly like your coin. You can see my post in Todays finds:
    St. Augustine hunt - my first silver half dollar

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4415.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	349.4 KB 
ID:	1280040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4414.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	345.8 KB 
ID:	1280041

  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by HistoryUnearthed View Post
    Hi HomeGuardDan,

    Great finds. What I found very interesting is the Chinese coin you found is the exact same one that I just found down in St. Augustine last week. I was doing research and couldn't find an exact match. I was amazed when I saw that it looks exactly like your coin. You can see my post in Todays finds:
    St. Augustine hunt - my first silver half dollar

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4415.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	349.4 KB 
ID:	1280040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4414.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	345.8 KB 
ID:	1280041
    Thanks man. Yea i have found several from the 1700s to early 1800s at colonial and early 1800 sites here in VA. This link should help you nail yours. There are subtle differences that differentiate ones from the 1700s from the 1900s.

    Identify your Chinese coins

    HH

    Dan
    HistoryUnearthed likes this.

  13. #28
    Charter Member
    us
    bolle

    Sep 2014
    W. Nevada / N. CA
    XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
    2,402
    2916 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Wow, what a locations!!!! Looks like a nice long summer spot!!!!
    I's this was a full-time job; I would always want to go to work!!!

  14. #29
    us
    Jul 2012
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
    2,319
    3515 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Very nice Dan! The patchbox cover & NC are wesome

  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by mangum View Post
    Very nice Dan! The patchbox cover & NC are wesome
    Thanks man...those are two tough finds to make alone...in the same hunt...I was happy.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: Nov 22, 2015, 10:09 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 26, 2015, 08:48 PM
  3. Nice Afternoon Finds Including a Brass Lady
    By cambria09 in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2014, 11:27 AM
  4. More Civil War finds including a mini ball
    By Poptopagain in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2009, 03:36 AM
  5. This weeks finds, including a pre-civil war navy button.
    By comfyinvermont in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Aug 01, 2007, 09:51 AM

Search tags for this page

gem hunting tennessee

,
how to identify raw platinum
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0