Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detector's Going Off, Coil Is 3 Feet Above The Ground

Hi all,

Did you ever lift up your MD while ducking your head to walk under some bushes, and suddenly your MD beeps without warning? Then you swing it above the ground again and it does the same thing?

I went back to yard #2 for about 30 minutes today to make sure I got everything I was gonna get from it..I managed 2 more wheats, making a total of 21 from the same back yard!

I didn't find a single silver coin, but I did pick up this nice consolation prize.

horn2.jpg

It's 7 inches long and 3 1/2 inches high, and was hanging by a cord in the bushes growing at the end of the yard near the fence..I knew I was nowhere near the fence (chain link) so I couldn't understand why my MD was acting so funny..then I looked up slightly and there was this thing hanging from a branch!

My parents had one very similar to this one and was used as a Christmas ornament..I may..hang on a second..

..I just noticed a little red sticker on my desk while typing this and it says "Made In India". I was just holding this thing before I started this post..do you think..? I'd bet on it..

I don't know how old this thing is, but it's kinda nice..looks like something you'd pick up at a flea market.

I also found about 10 more toy cars, one is a Tootsie Toy vehicle and the other is a tiny red antique tractor.

Nat

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: Detector's Going Off, Coil Is 3 Feet Above The Ground

Cool find, way to get it all Nat.

yep, I heard some serious buzzing two weekends ago when I today clanked my head on the monkey bars after squatting down to get under there to detect below them. I saw stars and almost pist myself. I also must have hit the knob on my detector because it was singing. I still have a lump on my head...dahhhh :-\

Keep the great finds coming!

Smiles!
BDoo

garrettfan2

Jul 24, 2006
dallas ft worth

you found something in a tree?whoa!! nice horn. i think the desk is from india. or the sticker? thanx for sharing. gf2 in tx

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Stuff shows up in the weirdest places doesn't it? Nice find. How big is your car fleet now?

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Boobydoo said:
I heard some serious buzzing two weekends ago when I today clanked my head on the monkey bars after squatting down to get under there to detect below them. I saw stars and almost pist myself. I also must have hit the knob on my detector because it was singing. I still have a lump on my head

Sounds familiar! About a month ago I was detecting a school tot lot, and the next thing I know I whack my head on a low tubular bar - I ended up on the ground and was knocked dizzy for a minute..I was even concerned about being able to drive home! I returned safely, but with a nice bump on my head..

Prober said:
How big is your car fleet now?

I must have dug up over 100 cars, trucks, airplanes, helicopters, etc. I keep the ones that aren't missing any parts but throw away the real junk I find..I've got Topper Johnny Lightnings, redline Hot Wheels, Tootsie Toys, Corgis, Matchboxes, you name it..I'll show a pic of the entire bunch later..

Thanks for the replies!

Nat

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Natman said:
Sounds familiar! About a month ago I was detecting a school tot lot, and the next thing I know I whack my head on a low tubular bar - I ended up on the ground and was knocked dizzy for a minute..I was even concerned about being able to drive home! I returned safely, but with a nice bump on my head..

Thanks for the replies!

Nat

All that for a freekin penny huh...lol, and a chance for something better ;D

Glad to hear I am not the only clutz. :P

Keep em coming bud, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

Now we have to detect the bushes too? :D

Those monkey bar accidents only hurt if someone's there to see it happen.

Nice horn!

Ridley

R

RUDY2003

Hey Nat, do you think that horn could be from the great India/Missouri war or 1988?

Keep safe and keep diggin (or lookin' up)....

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ridley said:
Those monkey bar accidents only hurt if someone's there to see it happen.

I dunno Ridley..no one else saw me fall and it still hurt like hell :D

RUDY2003 said:
Hey Nat, do you think that horn could be from the great India/Missouri war or 1988

Too funny Rudy! :D

Nick Papageorgio said:
Remember..."Give it to Mikey he'll eat anything"...Well just leave it to Natman...He'll find anything

Yeah, and one time I was holding the detector coil 5 feet up and detected an aluminum window frame..to my surprise an entire house was attached to it ;D

Thanks guys,
Nat

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004

I learned my lesson to double check those loud beeps long ago. I was detecting this man's grassy field and got a solid hit. Dug 6 inches....nothing, dug a foot...nothing, dug a hole to china and the signal was still in there. I told the guy he has something big under the dirt out there in the field and he told me "Yeah, my grandpa put an old broken car out there somewhere in a ditch and eventually the ground just swallowed it up". Guess I found it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread