Chiz Challenge, accepted & met!?!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Well, sort of met. My apprentice, fastly becoming a gold finding monster out of control did it again today. The pic shows the wedding band I found yesterday and the ring he found today and a cross he also found. The ring he found has eight diamond chips and one square stone in it that does not appear to be diamond. But it is a gold ring none the less! hey but I beat him on coinage again...

So Chiz, I met your challenge by proxy. But I doubt I can follow up tomorrow as the Kitchen Funding Committee has me optioned out for her usage. Doggonit!

Upvote 0

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....

By proxy huh... hmmmmmmmm... i don't know... I'll think about it... anybody have any thoughts?

8)

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used

Well I only offer the proxy condition due to the fact I had a bad fall several weeks back and blew three discs in my neck. The therapist and Nuerosurgeon told me no more computing, metal detecting, driving or anything involving the right arm. It's about half strength and poor on motor skills but hey, my primary activity is driving around looking for places to hunt so I can post my finds on the forum! Doh!

So the primary reason I have an apprentice is that I cannot pass this time of year, one of the best for detecting those hard-to-reach places while laying prone in spinal traction in front of a TV. Apprentice/surrogate coil swinger/diggers needed!

Doc says if there's no improvement after this coming week he wants to start the cutting. Told him no cutting unless I can wake up and walk away from it pronto! Then again, as long as I can wake up it's all good!

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas

Thats pretty rough breaks Lowbatts... Sorry to hear of your condition!! If ya were close enough I'd haul ya around a while and dig your signals for ya, I could use the excercise myself. My time in the field has been limited by school... Returning to college at my age can be as rough as first day in High School... LOL

Good luck on a speedy recovery my friend!!

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used

Hey Gold Digger, went to the Doc today and he said yep, he wants to do the cutting soon. If that ain't enough, the apprentice I was hauling around had to go in for a partial lung removal last Tuesday. I think I'll try to use up the rest of my luck before I get the neck work done, if the weather holds and I can find pain killers that push the BP to witin grabber limits. I would gladly take you up on it, but you probably don't have a defibrillator in the mobile, eh? Jumper cables?

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck Lowbatts I hope it all works out for you. J.D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread