3 More silvers and a new friend!

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So went detecting on sunday at the school where I found #2 and #3 Silvers and the Gold Ring (sold it for 125 bucks today. Real diamond but old cut. Most likely from the late 1800's) and i wasn't finding anything so I swung by my friends house (1940's) to hit his yard with the Safari. Popped out a 1942 Merc (#4) on my first dig and 4 wheats,
IMG_2941.JPG IMG_2940.JPG IMG_2939.JPG

Then today I had my first real breakthrough as far as locations go. I was scouting an old Neighborhood and was specifically looking for the oldest house on the street when I stopped to ask an older guy who was working on his truck for directions. I then explained that I was a metal detectorist. Mind you this was after work so I was still in my Air Force Flight Suit. So he tells me "well why don't you look in my yard" Well I couldn't pass that open invite up so I started swinging. After about 20 minutes I pulled 6 wheats and in one hole 2 wheats and a 1899 Barber Dime (silver #5) and after another 5 minutes I pulled a 1942 Merc (#6). After that I headed home but he told me to come back whenever and that not only would he have some beer for me but he will also talk to his neighbors about me detecting their yards as well! Huge foot in a huge door! Gonna be a fun weekend!

IMG_2948.JPG IMG_2959.JPG IMG_2958.JPG IMG_2957.JPG IMG_2956.JPG

Upvote 20
OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I have no idea why these are posting on their side!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds, and congratulations on a new friend! You oughta take some beer with you for him too!

By the way, thank you for your service! Make sure you check out the "Barracks" forum here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, and congratulations on a new friend! You oughta take some beer with you for him too!

By the way, thank you for your service!

Ha well thats how the beer came into play! I asked him what kind of beer he liked because I wanted to bring him some next time and he told me that he had plenty and that I should drink some of them! Don't have to tell me twice thats for sure. And thank you sir it is a pleasure to serve!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
it is a pleasure to serve!

Well, I hope it is for you! I had my count down calendar going for over 3 years!!!

Sometimes it takes the passage of years to appreciate where you have been and what you've seen. But it is an absolute step into your future.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that Safari is doing its thing for you. Great silver finds. We have to get together and have you find some older goodies before Jon gets back.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MERC ALERT, MERC ALERT, NICE FIND .

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! Looks like you found a good spot! That 1899 Barber is really nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread