Nothing but Clad until?

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Photo on 3-9-16 at 1.22 PM.jpg Photo on 3-9-16 at 1.27 PM.jpg Photo on 3-9-16 at 1.27 PM #2.jpg

Was working one of our older parks where I've found a lot of older coins, after 2 1/2 hours of no deep signals, just clad and no nickels. I decided to open up the nickel range a little better. Was detecting next to a big old oak tree when I got a solid 18-19 nickel signal at 5 1/2", which means about 6" or better with the Ultimate 13. I start digging and I'm in the stinking roots of the tree but I get a faint pinpoint. I get down about 5 1/2 inches and theres 2 roots blocking my way. I use my screw driver to try to twist the roots and a clump of dirt is shot out of the hole. I can see the color of gold in it's crease. Turns out to be my second gold with the V3i. It's only 10Kt with a possible ruby and 6 tiny diamond chips. It ain't perfect but will give me a shot at find of the month gold category next month.
Thanks for looking happy hunting

MackDog

Upvote 7

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats, that is nice. hard to beat gold and gems.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good job on changing your strategy by opening up the machine! Very nice ring! :occasion14:

I usually run an almost fully open screen and listen to the wonderful array of musical tones and pick what interests me.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job on changing your strategy by opening up the machine! Very nice ring! :occasion14
I usually run an almost fully open screen and listen to the wonderful array of musical tones and pick what interests me.[/QUOTE

I'm getting the settings I like now I dig a lot less trash. Still dig some but I'm more picky

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread