Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took off work today to get my boat in the water but spent most of the day detecting :) This morning I went to the field and got a few indians in the hot spot. I spent a decent amount of time in another part of the field were a house once stood. I got some early wheats and the really cool 1920 Virginia chauffeur license

In the afternoon I went back to the hot spot and got a fatty indian, another indian that I lost and toasty shield and v nickels. Just before dark I got a faint whisper on the Deus. Must have been on edge because just a few inches down was silver #20 and seated #17 from here. Its probably the best looking seated dime to come from here. It kinda looks like a mint mark on the back but It may just be a scratch. I hadnt found a seated from here in weeks. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 23

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saw best hunt in weeks above toasted and I just knew I was gonna see some nice coins! Wtg. The va piece is very neat 1893:icon_scratch:

Last edited:
OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
saw best hunt in weeks above toasted and I just knew I was gonna see some nice coins! Wtg. The va piece is very neat 1893:icon_scratch:

Thanks. I got the 3 cent silver last hunt but had not gotten a seated for two or three weeks. The 1893 is the license number. The date is above it

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have never seen so many seated coins come from one place! Have you found any newer silver there?

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never seen so many seated coins come from one place! Have you found any newer silver there?

1911 Barber quarter and it was the first silver I found here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great effort Toasted. Those chauffeur badges are cool. I found one last year.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I got the 3 cent silver last hunt but had not gotten a seated for two or three weeks. The 1893 is the license number. The date is above it
I know I saw the trime. I was just wondering about va piece cause you said 1920, I see it now. Nice finds man.

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another great effort Toasted. Those chauffeur badges are cool. I found one last year.

Thanks. Are these badges rare or collectable?

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

They are "highly collectible" (Stealth Diggers reference... lol)

but seriously, they can fetch a pretty penny to some collectors.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm guessing it's a fairly small collector pool....but like most collectables it's dependent upon year, state, style and design

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yours has a lot going for it as its a really nice looking design and fairly early. There's a site that shows every single years badge design.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, from the Centennial and what looks to be the San Francisco mint too! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, from the Centennial and what looks to be the San Francisco mint too! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Its weird because there is something where the mint mark would be but it appears to just be a block and possible mint error. It does not look like damage to me

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's awesome! That sure is some site to produce that many Seated coins! Keep it up!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Toasted you have one of the best detecting sites around. I sure would like to see a tally of the old coins you dug at that site along with murray and others who have accompanied you. Congrats on the seated. :occasion14: Many may never find one. You have certainly dug your share in the past 6 months or so. :notworthy:

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Toasted you have one of the best detecting sites around. I sure would like to see a tally of the old coins you dug at that site along with murray and others who have accompanied you. Congrats on the seated. :occasion14: Many may never find one. You have certainly dug your share in the past 6 months or so. :notworthy:
Heres the totals so far. About 80 IHPs, 2 Flying eagles, 3 v nickels, 5 shield nickels, 1 2center, 2 trimes, Barber quarter, 1 seated half dime, 13 seated dimes, 2 seated quarters and a seated half. Some were dug in the first part of January And the rest have been dug since Feb 3 after goose season ended. I dont know how many times Ive been there but I have at least found indians every trip and seated or a trime nearly every time too

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a hunt!,man I would be stoked..

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest: