AP552

Apr 9, 2015
Southeastern Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
AT max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out to the usual fields and managed to pull what I think is a draped bust large cent out. I haven't cleaned it, worried I'll strip any details away but I can make out a right facing female bust. I did my best taking a pic of the coin. Must have walked by this coin at least a dozen times, there were about 6 holes that either my buddy or I had dug within no more than 4 feet of where I found it. I also dug a cool token. I almost thought it was a large cent but it's either a gaming or hard times token. I also managed to find an almost intact crotal bell and a early shoe bucke. The bell cleaned up pretty good, wish it was completely intact. Thanks for looking. HH

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 6

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt man! I can't see the bust on the coin but photos never do things justice. If you think it's a DBLC I'm sure it is -

I know what you mean about walking by something. It's happened to me with some really awesome finds and I always wonder how it was possible. I always say the site gives what it wants, and when it wants.

That ground is harsh judging from the corrosion on the shoe buckle and large cent. That buckle dates to the 2nd half of the 18th Century BTW. That bell is huge and awesome. Great finds
Steve

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
AP552

AP552

Apr 9, 2015
Southeastern Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
AT max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys. I tried taking a better picture of the coin. I think you can see it a little better in this one.

image.jpg

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds, your LC looks like this to me disregard the date on this ref only, reason is the hair lines seems to match or i may be wrong

Attachments

• 1822-coronet-head-large-cent.jpg
    1822-coronet-head-large-cent.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 61

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
your "token" is a commemorative medal , Kossuth was freed from prison in Europe and
came to America and was treated like a royal dignitary and toured many of the major cities
of the eastern seaboard . He gave many speeches and tried to drum up support and money
for his cause in Europe. I found one of these medals many years ago .

Attachments

• kossuth token reverse.jpg
    kossuth token reverse.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Kossuth token front.jpg
    Kossuth token front.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 45

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice assortment of finds there. Great job

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread